Application Specialist (Singapore)
At CELLINK, we enable scientists and innovators to 3D bioprint human tissue and organs. Join our dynamic, fast-paced team in Singapore. Today we are a multinational team over 350 innovative and dedicated co-workers with passion for 3D bioprinting, Liquid-handing and Bioprocessing.
We are looking for Applications Specialist with a focus on optimizing and developing applications and protocols for our product portfolio with a focus in Liquid Handing and Bioprocessing portfolio to keep pace with rapidly growing field to better work with our existing customers and ensure a high quality of service.
The ideal candidate for this role will be an individual who is passionate and motivated to make an impact, and eager to make a career by truly growing personally and professionally. This specialist will utilize their bench expertise, and knowledge in the life science industry to communicate the advantages of our technology to cross functional teams and customers in written and presentations.
For this role, expertise in a variety disciplines are preferred such as pharmaceutical development, cell-based assays, cell culture techniques. A good understanding of Genomics and the various workflows and analytical tools is desirable. The ability to communicate clearly, and to build effective and trusted partnerships with internal and external scientists is required.
You will work with our distribution partners and the end-users and help solve their problems and advance their research. You will also communicate with the internal research and development teams on market and end-user trends, needs and recommendations for improvements. Involvements with customers will range from troubleshooting to in depth research collaborations. Expect dynamic and changing tasks as the field continues to evolve.
Responsibilities and Duties
- You will be the face and spirit of CELLINK in the field
- Build the CELLINK brand through customer communication, training, organize workshops, and do live demonstrations for potential and new users
- Identify, develop, and optimize applications for our Liquid Handing and Bioprocessing products
- Prepare application notes, publications, seminar presentations, and other content to support marketing
- Help define customer requirements along with meaningful and measurable application-based performance specifications to address them
- Design and conduct validation experiments for product development projects
- Actively foster and develop a network of customers
- Perform Product onsite/ online demonstrations, workshops and technical presentations remotely and in person
- Work closely with sales & marketing to drive initiatives, enhance campaigns and build material for the local market
- Assist customers with their ongoing and new research so they can best use their CELLINK products to advance their research goals.
- Attend conferences and symposiums to assist sales and collect information on new emerging trends in the field
- Assist in editing the technical specifications of tender applications
- Keep up with the scientific literature to identify new trends and areas of research and development
- Ensure that team members and channel partners are equipped with updated knowledge on applications and products to effectively assist the growth and expansion of the business.
- Provide expertise in all applications aspect to support product penetration in market including proficient knowledge in experimental/demo set-up, troubleshooting, data analysis, and instrumentation functionality
- Market analysis of product and application for understanding of portfolio positioning in competitive landscape.
- Travel requirements: Up to 150 days per year
Education, Skills, Experience, and Requirements
- Creative, out-of-the-box thinker.
- Autonomous, initiative-taking, responsible, involved and results-oriented personality.
- At least 1-year experience in developing applications for laboratory instrumentation in a commercial environment
- Knowledge of automated liquid handling, automation, and robotic laboratory equipment
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Organized, well prepared, and maintains a professional outlook and conduct
- Problem-solving ability
- High degree of customer focus
- Travel national and international will be required
- Bachelor’s degree in the life sciences, biology, molecular biology, genomics, biotechnology, or a related field is required. Masters and/or PhD preferred.
- Knowledge of genomics applications/workflows (NGS and PCR) is preferred
- Knowledge of Cell and Gene Therapy is preferred
- Knowledge of proteomic applications/workflows is preferred
- Business-fluent English skills is required, fluency in other Asian languages is a plus.
Our commitment to you:
In return we will offer an exciting and inspiring position that will help you ‘change the future of medicine’ through our market leading and award winning brands/products, and prepare you for a rewarding career in one of the world’s leading Life Science companies in our field.
A competitive salary and incentive scheme.
CELLINK is a company that places focus in developing its team of highly qualified individuals.