API Lead Developer
- Work within a leading employer in the Financial Services industry
- Excellent career development opportunities
In this role, you will be responsible for all aspects of software development and support (Level 3) for API Services from Pre-project initiation, to functional specifications to production implementation and post-implementation support. You will use established methods and technologies with off-the-shelf or custom solutions delivered using a combination of internal staff, contractors and vendors. You will additionally:
You are also responsible for:
- Work with a team of subject matter experts business analysts, architects and software developers to deliver projects and change requests. Provide solutions, cost estimates, functional and design specifications
- Manage business stakeholders expectation and establish best or alternative solutions that are feasible within the technology and timeline constraints
- Review solution design and effort estimates from the team and prioritize projects and change requests assigned to the team
- Drive consistency in solution design and delivery across applications and development teams
- Manage the delivery of initiatives – projects and change request. Responsible for planning, manage vendor and in-house development, solutions, implementing and maintaining software applications systems.
- Drive adoption of methods (E.g. Agile) and industry practices to improve quality and productivity outcomes
- Select, train, develop and manage technical team members in a conducive team environment
- Lead multi-vendor teams to successfully deliver solutions, manage multi-vendor teams to work amicably to support the bank’s commitments
- Work with Test manager to formulate comprehensive system test plan aligned with project scope/Change request, quality requirements and targets
- Anticipate and resolve any development issues or risks either independently or together with the relevant stakeholders and propose alternative solutions as necessary
- Resolve issues ensuring escalation and communication to stakeholders as necessary
- Lead or contribute to cross-team improvement initiatives relating to methods, tools, people, architecture, project management and governance
- Serve as domain architect to implement Enterprise Web API and Integration Service Governance and Data Modelling for the Bank with full capability /accountability for architecture deliverables (process, information, technology etc.) from concept to implementation
- Own and lead architecture definition and road map in Web API, Enterprise Integration and Service Architecture, preferably in the Banking domain
- Understand the strategy, needs of business units and assist in the development of technology roadmaps.
- Communicate and influence key elements of one or more technology architectures to technical and business audiences
- Provide consultation and issue resolution services to IT colleagues for one or more technology architectures, consulting with other architecture leaders as required.
- Contributes in group strategic initiatives and decision making at a group level including product architectures and roadmaps
- Interface with senior stakeholders including other group architects to drive architectural directions
- Development of relevant architectural standards & high-level design principles
- Spearheads various key technology initiatives like standard definition, frameworks, architecture blueprints
- Identify opportunities to leverage technology synergies to save costs and improve efficiencies
- Seek and exploit business adjacencies through addressing the technology needs
- Initiate innovative application of technology to capture new business value
- Remaining current on leading trends in designated architecture areas and IT in general.
- Be connected to industry bodies and relevant organisation to ensure currency of leading trends in the market
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or its equivalent.
- You have a minimum of 8 years of hands-on experience and deep technical skills in the following technologies: Axway API Manager, API Gateway, Security (SSL, JWT, JKS, OAuth, SAML, Threat Protection, Cryptography, WS-Security), Mashups for all types of interactions(Stateless, Session-Based or Persistent State), Middleware (Web Proxy, MQ, Connect Direct), Application (Spring, Camel, JBoss application server), and Infrastructure (Linux, databases).
- You have strong experience in Integration Architecture and Service Lifecycle, covering Service Definition, Service Implementation and Testing, Service Publication, Service Consumption and Operational Metrics
- You have at least 3 years of experience in an Application Development Manager role for large/complex projects involving multiple technologies, and ideally 5 years of working experience working with LUW (Linux, UNIX systems / Wintel) platforms; knowledge with AS400 stack would be an advantage.
- You have experience in managing vendor project implementations, as well as possessing extensive exposure with project SDLC methodology – initiation, planning, tracking, requirement analysis, design, development, testing, implementation on open system
- You possess strong conceptual and analytical skills – demonstrating outside-the-box problem-solving skills and attentive to details.
- You have the ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- You are a strong and assertive communicator in speaking and writing.
Snaphunt Pte Ltd