APD Singapore CMP Process and Equipment Development Sr Engineer
Req. ID: 121114
Micron’s APDS team is looking for high energy, self-motivated, result driven individuals in the role of process and equipment development engineer to support technology development (TD) activities. The individuals will drive early maturity of process and equipment technologies in Micron’s fast paced environment through engagement with Boise TD, equipment suppliers and manufacturing teams in Singapore.
- Quantify benefits of innovative equipment solutions to enable early introduction, maturity, and adoption for current and/or next node of 3D NAND technology.
- Develop and optimize CMP unit processes to meet the yield and quality requirements of advanced 3D NAND parts (B16R and beyond).
- Participate with Boise TD CMP development peers on technology choices for the upcoming nodes and able to translate future technology device needs into clear process and equipment requirements.
- Identify disruptive equipment and processes early, work with manufacturing and Boise TD to identify viable evaluation path forward in manufacturing.
- Initiate and manage experiments on non-unique and unique equipment for process margin and cost of ownership (CoO) improvements. Design and implement advanced process monitoring and control methodologies.
- Lead team or sites or suppliers on complex projects in focused meetings with end goal of maturity a technology in record times for technical advantage, cost and productivity.
- Serve as a technical expert within Micron, provide advice and recommendations to senior management on improvements from processes, procedures and equipment development. Lead and initiate innovation projects through patents/technical papers.
- Communications and collaboration with partners both locally and globally. Strict adherence to Micron Intellectual Property protection policy is a must.
- BS, MS, or PhD degree in Materials Science, Chemical/Mechanical Engineering, Chemistry or Physics with minimum of 2 years hands-on experience in leading edge CMP process area. PhD candidates in semiconductor relevant area are also welcome to apply.
- A fundamental understanding of chemical kinetics, thermodynamics, physical phenomena and their direct application to CMP processes.
- An ability to understand and troubleshoot precursor depletion effects within three dimensional (3D) NAND structures and come up with innovative ideas to mitigate such effects.
- Basic understanding of films and interface engineering and analysis techniques thereof – TOF-SIMS, XPS, EDX, SEM/TEM.
- An understanding of the general process steps and process flow for 3D vNAND memory, CMP process steps in particular.
- Excellent skills on design of experiments (DoE), data analysis systems (e.g. JMP) and ability to analyze, conclude and communicate the recommendations in clear and crisp manner.
- Self-motivated and adaptable to Micron’s fast paced demanding and dynamic work environment; flexibility to work for extended hours, as required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with ability to convey the message clearly and sharply both locally and globally.
- Excellent ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously; efficiently utilize available resources or seek peers’ and/or management help to get over the roadblocks to drive to solutions.
- Ability to travel for extended periods of time and stay at Boise TD or at vendor site for 4-6 months at a stretch to learn and develop process or equipment technology development.
- Suitable candidates may be considered for expat posting to Singapore from overseas Micron locations
Micron Semiconductor Asia