Analyst (Operational Evaluation and Analysis)
In the tightening labor market in Singapore, the buzz word is Productivity. At Marina Bay Sands, we track business volumes and labour in order to measure and improve productivity. We achieve this by constantly analyzing our labour usage and by aligning scheduling and forecasting with business volumes.
As an Analyst, you will report operational results and provide accurate, insightful and timely analyses for key business units such as Hotel, Food and Beverage, Gaming, Retail, Entertainment, Property Operations and G&A divisions at Marina Bay Sands.
This research, analysis and reporting role will require you to conduct multiple, complex projects simultaneously and also assist with the production process for â€œmission criticalâ€ reports that are delivered regularly to department leaders and the senior executive team.Â You will leverage your proficiency in MS Excel and other hotel/casino systems (e.g., Cognos, Virtual Roster, Kronos, etc.) to develop key performance indicator (KPI) reports, maintain databases and produce useful operational reports that help department leaders and senior management understand how to run Marina Bay Sands more efficiently and effectively.
Your keen attention to detail and ability to communicate findings compellingly will greatly assist you as you complete numerous operational analyses that must be concise, precise and - most importantly - insightful.Â In this role, you will fully leverage your innate desire to know â€œwhatâ€™s wrong and fix itâ€ to assist with propelling the company towards greater profitability and productivity.
Both individually and as part of a team, you will lead projects that help form the foundation of our operational strategy.Â You will be counted on by senior management to utilize your skills in analysis, observation and determining â€œwhatâ€™s next?â€ to provide insightful analyses and deliver actionable results that propel the company towards greater efficiency and overall profitability.Â
- Produce and own regularly distributed Labour and Productivity Key Performance Indicator (KPI) reports for all key business units at Marina Bay Sands
- Assist the senior manager with ad-hoc analyses, scheduling studies, and data requests for department leaders and senior management under strict deadlines
- Analyze revenue generating departments and come up with KPIs to better measure productivity for these departments
- Create real time dashboards for Productivity using tools such as Spotfire, Tableau, Cognos, etc.
- Work with the team to create a repository of Lean models such as Process Flow Maps, Spaghetti Diagrams, etc. for relevant operations.
- Work on continuous improvement projects by using the in-house built program that focus on improving service or productivity for the company.
- Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, Computer Science, Masters of Business Administration (MBA) or other analytical degree is preferred.
- 2-3 years of previous relevant work experience in Financial Planning & Analysis or similar.
- Ability to streamline complex business processes, present accurate findings persuasively and keep interdepartmental projects involving many stakeholders on schedule is required.
- Basic understanding of accounting and financial modeling techniques is required.
- Proficiency in MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint is required.Â Proficiency in Spotfire, Tableau, SAS, MS Access, Cognos, Virtual Roster, is preferred.
- Must have strong interpersonal, communication and PowerPoint presentation skills and the ability to create and deliver clear and concise presentations.
- Must be comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic and ever changing environment while working under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Must be self-motivated and resourceful and able to multi-task.