Analyst, Asia Pacific
Stratas Advisors (a Hart Energy company) is immediately seeking a full-time analyst for its Global Fuel Specifications Service and other Fuel & Transport (F&T) services in the Singapore office. Stratas offers its clients a unique array of services and consulting engagements in a fast-paced environment. Strong teamwork skills as well as the ability to work independently are critical to this role.
The analyst will conduct research on the fuel industry, focusing on fuel specifications and fuel quality related government policies, as well as emission standards, fuel economy policies, market data and trends on conventional fuels, retail fuels, biofuels, alternative fuels, vehicles, etc. The analyst will be able to review the gathered information and distill key takeaways and implications, provided to clients through Stratas Advisors' research products and bespoke consulting engagements. The ideal candidate should have work or academic experience in the petroleum, automotive/ shipping industry or related fields.
Hart Energy offers a competitive benefits package, 21 Paid Time Off (PTO) days, 15 paid holidays, flexible work schedule and much more!
- Monitor and collect data/information on fuel specifications, emission standards and fuel economy polices as well as other topics including retail fuels, biofuels, alternative fuels and vehicles, at the country and regional level.
- Support the F&T services in entering data and maintaining up-to-date databases.
- Prepare client-facing written analysis of fuel markets in reports/memos provided to clients under the Global Fuel Specifications service and other F&T services, as well as in other forms, such as PowerPoint slides/Excel data customized for clients in consulting engagements.
- Help coordinate data and information sharing between the F&T team and other teams within Stratas Advisors.
- Provide both analytical support and market insight into strategic consulting engagements on an ad hoc basis.
- Bachelor degree is required. A Master degree with course work in the automotive/ transportation/ energy/ shipping space or business is a plus.
- Experience in an analyst/ research role at a consulting firm, automotive OEM, downstream operating company/ refiner, shipping firm, financial institution, or academic institution with a focus on the petroleum and/or automotive/ shipping industry is desirable. Entry-level applicants are also welcome to apply.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem-solving/critical thinking skills
- Able to carry out primary and secondary research independently
- High degree of familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Fluency in Asian language skills a plus
- High level of personal interest and enthusiasm in the automotive and energy industries
- Understanding of the regulatory environment in downstream oil and gas and automotive industries including familiarity with basic refining and/or automotive technologies, trends is an added advantage
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment with rapidly shifting priorities such as consulting is desirable
*An Equal Opportunity Employer.