AMHS Equipment Engineer
Req. ID: 114326
The AMHS Equipment Group is responsible for continue improve the OHT system (Overhead Transport), Tower Stockers, Reticle Stocker, Sorters and Scopes Tools etc. As a AMHS Equipment Engineer, you are responsible for the identify, design, and implement modifications to equipment hardware, software, and procedures of to ensure optimum performance. You will be expected to work on any scheduled normal shift work.
Environmental, Health, Safety & Security
- Follow all safety, environmental, and security procedures to ensure compliance.
- Be an active participant in the EHSS program.
- Report all EHSS-related concerns or problems immediately to the appropriate individual (ERT, Supervision, etc.).
- Be proactive in reducing incidents of personal injuries, safety hazards or environmental releases.
- Identify, design, and implement modifications to equipment hardware, software, and procedures.
- Design experiments to resolve difficult or chronic issues.
- Troubleshoot failures that require advanced knowledge and skill.
- Determine root cause of failures.
- Recognize opportunities for technical innovation.
- Make decisions using data, established guidelines, procedures, experience, and judgment.
- Develop area metrics as needed to provide monitoring of system performance.
- Identify equipment issues in order to minimize excursions.
- Determine actions needed for excursion control.
- Demonstrate an advanced understanding of assigned equipment and area processes.
- Thoroughly understand how your assigned equipment interacts with the overall process flow.
- Identify high failure items and implement solutions.
- Create and approve process configurations on your tool set to include germ, GCP, test wafer category, and ECN requests as required.
- Monitor tool performance utilizing appropriate software applications.
- Manage vendor relations.
- Work with vendors to solve equipment related issues and to drive system improvements.
- Provide suggestions and improvements to vendors when appropriate.
- Represent the interests of Micron while collaborating and working with vendors.
- Comply with company and vendor non-disclosure agreements.
- Maintain relationships with procurement and follow established guidelines for vendor communication and quoting requests.
- Manage new tool installations and relocations from project conception to completion.
- Set schedules based on task and project needs utilizing milestones for complex tasks and projects.
- Provide basic contingency plans for likely issues.
- Suggest plans that take advantage of opportunities to combine work or gain efficiency.
- Define scope of work.
- Complete assigned projects and tasks per schedule.
- Initiate new projects and tasks as needed to improve your tool sets.
- Manage multiple events or tasks at once.
- Create tool specific training courses and documentation.
- Provide tool specific training to technicians and engineers.
- Regularly review established documentation for discrepancies and improvements.
- Incorporate system knowledge into procedures and training.
- Lead Core Teams.
- Maintain regular Core Team meetings.
- Monitor Core Team members performance and provide feedback to team members direct supervisor.
Coordinate and Facilitate Core Team Activities
- Implement TPM activities following the TPM Master Checklist.
- Set timelines for TPM activities
- Communicate Core Team TPM progress and activities
- Update TPM Core Team Web Application consistently
- Communicate with your Steering Team and other Area Core Teams
- Communicate timelines for TPM activities to Core and Area Steering Team members
- Assign Core Team specific action items to team members
- Mentor Core Team members with all TPM activities
- Work with Steering Team to define performance goals that drive TPM metrics
- Approve M-tags
KEG (Key Equipment Group) CST (Copy Smart team)
- Attend CST and CIP Meetings
- Lead CST teams during as required per rotation schedules
- Align AMHS training and documentation globally
- Contribute to global AMHS projects
- Participate in cross site troubleshooting events
- Maintain accurate VMP designations for your toolset
- Communicate post mortems to with your CST team and foster an environment of information sharing
- Communicate complex ideas and issues clearly to team members, area leadership, and/or other levels of management
- Provide response and follow up to all open issues
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Provide clarity to complex situations/problems
- Notify appropriate areas of scheduled/ unscheduled down times and provide pertinent information
- Create clearly worded post mortem reports as required
- Lead departmental, multi-FAB, or interdepartmental meetings
- Record and publish meeting minutes
- Update performance management applications (Successfactors) monthly or as otherwise deemed appropriate
- Monitor spare parts usage
- Second source parts for cost reduction
- Minimize regular expenditures
- Drive cost reduction projects
- Identify cost effective sustaining/manufacturing improvements
- Promote a cost conscious culture
• Minimum GJS E1 with 1 years experience in AMHS related tools or systems
• Proven ability to motivate, coach, mentor and train other technicians
• Ability to
• Solid project management skills including organizing, planning and scheduling tasks & resources and tracking & reporting progress
• Demonstrated ability to analyze and solve problems
• Good computer skills in word processing, presentations, and spreadsheets
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work well in a team environment and interface well with Fab groups and levels of management
• Proven ability to make sound decisions independently and to effectively prioritize multiple tasks
• Sets a behavioral example by being a proactive problem solver, communicating openly, and taking responsibility
• Proven ability to be flexible with job responsibilities and take the initiative to assume added responsibilities
• Successfully demonstrated technical skills with a strong focus on developing good team dynamics
• Demonstrated ability to be self-motivated and able to motivate a team toward common goals
• Proven ability to troubleshoot problems and address the true root cause
This position is open to Singapore Team Members only and target to work in normal shift working pattern.
Working Location: (F10W) No.1 Woodlands Industrial Park D, Street 1, Singapore 738799 &
(F10N) 1 North Coast Drive, Singapore 757432
We recruit, hire, train, promote, discipline and provide other conditions of employment without regard to a person's race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, veteran’s status, or other classifications protected under law. This includes providing reasonable accommodation for team members' disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.
Each manager, supervisor and team member is responsible for carrying out this policy. The EEO Administrator in Human Resources is responsible for administration of this policy. The administrator will monitor compliance and is available to answer any questions on EEO matters.
To request assistance with the application process, please contact Micron’s Human Resources Department at 1-800-336-8918 (or 208-368-4748).
Keywords: Singapore || Central Singapore (SG-01) || Singapore (SG) || SGA || College || Regular || Engineering || Not Applicable ||
Job Segment: Manufacturing Engineer, Engineer, Procurement, Testing, Compliance, Engineering, Operations, Technology, Legal
Micron Semiconductor Asia