The Admissions Coordinator is responsible for providing administrative and organizational support to the Director of Admissions and the Admissions Team. The person in this position will contribute to a well-managed office culture and enhance the quality of the family experience during the SAS admissions journey. The incumbent will oversee the implementation and improvement of office systems to support exceptional customer service. As a liaison to various constituencies, this candidate may maintain a portfolio of specific admissions clients including SAS faculty, relocation agencies, and target groups in need of cultivation. The position will focus on internal and external opportunities for service excellence, outreach and event management. It is expected that the coordinator will assist other members of the Admissions team daily in areas related to their work, and as necessary when workload permits.
College degree, experience in Admissions and Marketing, or non-profit work desired
Strong English communication skills, both written and verbal. Database management experience. Google suite experience.
Demonstrates competence and efficiency in computer applications and databases.
Excellent organizational and office management skills.
Team player with a positive “can do” attitude with experience in performance driven environments.
Desired: Experience in overlapping areas of event planning, marketing, admissions, transition support for expatriate families, customer service, or hospitality roles.
Competencies and Skills
Communication: Excellent English, strong written and verbal communication skills with an ability to consolidate information into concise, relevant reports
Collaboration and coordination: An ability to coordinate work cooperatively and provide assistance as necessary to other team members.
Content Knowledge: Core computer skills in word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, scheduling, Google docs and calendar, with an interest and ability to learn new applications.
Creativity: An ability to create plans and schedule functions, events and meetings, as required
Critical Thinking: An ability to prioritize and manage multiple competing priorities.
Character: Strong attention to detail and a demonstrated confidence with a positive work attitude and initiative
Cultural Competence: Experience working in a diverse, goal-oriented, and performance driven environment
- Provide administrative support to the Director of Admissions.
- Coordinate the schedule and preparation for appointments and meetings for Director of Admissions.
- Support the team with special projects, both internal and external related to integrated admission-marketing communications.
- Represent the Admissions Specialists as needed for drop-in visits, sensitive phone and email communications, group and individual campus tour opportunities, and other matters.
- Coordinate and support corporate, VIP, relocation agency and other visits/tours with the Admissions Director and Team
- Media presentation and print materials
- Procuring refreshments and resources
- Pre- and post-visit communications
- Work with support staff to streamline and maintain office systems.
- Provide daily support to online admissions and enrollment requests with respect to enrollment management database platform.
- Support the continued implementation of the enrollment management database platform.
- Manage the communication of the annual Admissions calendar for new families collaborating with the Communications department.
- Maintain all records, correspondence, spreadsheets and documents in a well-organized and accessible manner.
- Maintain strict confidentiality of all personnel and admissions matters.
- Assist with work requests and work orders for the department.
- Handle Purchase Requisition and Payment Vouchers for Admissions.
- Prepare new student orientation through new family portal updates and sign ups by work with divisional offices to ensure start-of-school, orientation and welcome week material is prepared accordingly.
- Assist with the development of the SAS parents and students admissions ambassador program
- Develop the ability to tour the campus with prospective families
- Cover the front desk reception daily for the Central Office School Receptionist.
- Ensure compliance with all school’s policies and procedures as related to this position.
- Relate courteously and effectively with students, parents, school personnel, government personnel, and community members as necessary.
- Attend staff meetings and participate in school wide and office planning activities.
- Perform other duties and functions as assigned by the Director of Admissions
Singapore American School