Accounts Payable Assistant Manager
The Assistant Manager is accountable for the accurate and timely processing of Agent Commissions for UKE, HENA and ANZ and supports the Sales team in agent relationship management. This position reports to the Commission Manager and will manage 2 direct reports in handling high volume of payment processing.
- Responsible for the accurate production and review of quarterly Agent Commission payment workflow ensuring clawbacks are deducted at source.
- Investigate old balances / clawbacks and seek resolution / clearance
- Commission Liability account reconciliation
- Payments are up-to-date, prepare and process electronic transfers and payments.
- Ensure all payments, bounced payments and bank fees are correctly processed in a timely manner
- Ensure bank queries and pending issues are dealt with in a timely and effective manner
- Bank reconciliation
- Following company procedure ensure that Agent commissions are correctly authorised and processed in a timely manner
- Assume responsibility for case sensitive Agents and resolution of payment issues as/when required.
- Support process improvement projects which will drive efficiency or implementation of procedure to ensure a high level of internal control exist.
- Manages and provides effective guidance to the Commission team, including communicating deadlines, team goals and identifying areas for new training or skill checks
- Supports Commission Manager and performs management duties when Manager is out of office
- Minimum 4-5 years in accounting and payments processing experience, out of which at least 2 years in payment processing
- Team Leadership experience preferred
- Diploma in accounting or ACCA holders
- Proficient with accounting software, ERP systems and Microsoft Excel (Pivot Tables, V-Look Ups etc)
- A high level of numeracy and literacy
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills (written and verbal) and leadership
- Ability to make quick and smart decisions under pressure
Study Group is the leading provider of international education. We work with universities all around the world, employing people in 36 locations across five continents. We partner with more universities than any other pathway provider, and the highest number of top-200-ranked universities in the UK, USA, Canada, Europe, Australia and New Zealand. We are the most established name in our industry.
This job description is not exhaustive of all responsibilities therefore, within reason, you may be required to undertake other duties over and above those listed in this job description.