The role will provide independent high level technical and general accounting services in accordance with Q2 Solutions Finance Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (US GAAP), Sarbanes-Oxley rules and financial reporting requirements (including local GAAP and tax rules) of the business unit.
- Support month end process and reconciliations within deadlines and instructions.
- Ensure that accounting records are thoroughly maintained in preparation for independent audits.
- Maintain adequate and current documentation of the systems of internal control.
- Ensure that all processes and decisions are in line with Q2 Solutions SOPs and local legal requirements.
- Where applicable, ensure appropriate communication with all business partners and support business partners in financial decisions, if required.
- Provide recommendations to improve existing processes and financial systems and suggest alternatives where appropriate.
- Maintain a solid working knowledge of technical accounting skills.
- Participate in or manage Finance related projects as needed.
- Manage timely completion of detailed accounts reconciliation and follow-up/resolving open items for specified tasks.
- May develop, implement and/or maintain one or more accounting modules (A/R, A/P, Fixed Assets, Inventory, General Ledger).
- Work closely with outsourced vendor to manage A/P and staff claims
- Perform intercompany billing and reconciliation.
- May assume overall responsibility for small size legal entity or regional tasks.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate should possess the following:
- At least 4 years of relevant accounting experience in GL/Fixed Assets work.
- Prior working knowledge in Peoplesoft Finance an added advantage
- Demonstrate a meticulous & detail-oriented mentality