Xin Zhong Wen| Date Posted: 25-Oct-2019
Experienced, Senior Manager
Bachelor's / Honours
- Delivery of Teaching Standards
- To provide academic leadership and support for all teachers in the centre.
- To ensure consistent, high quality teaching standards across the teaching team that meet student needs.
- To work with the Director of Teaching, Head of Teaching and Centre Excellence as well as other directors to achieve the goals and targets.
- To work with the Director of Teaching, Head of Centre and Teaching Excellence and Lead Subject Head (Chinese) to provide proactive support to teachers through training, coaching and mentoring sessions.
- To observe or appraise teachers and classes regularly to evaluate success of teaching and materials.
- To encourage and support knowledge sharing and cooperative lesson planning among teachers.
- To work with curriculum teams to ensure products and services offered meet customer needs, preferences and expectations.
- To communicate regularly with teachers about changes to Xin Zhong Wen’s courses.
- To ensure, in collaboration with Head of Enrolment and Client Services, that student retention, re-registration and customer satisfaction targets are met or exceeded.
- Human Resource Management
- To lead and manage a team of teachers in your centre.
- To contribute to the overall performance management in your centre, effectively line managing teachers and ensuring their performance is satisfactory.
- To ensure that all staff have appropriate skills, knowledge, support and training to enable all programmes achieve targets.
- To participate in the recruitment and induction of new members of staff to corporate standards, in conjunction with HR.
- To ensure staff survey (teacher satisfaction) targets are met or exceeded.
- To manage teacher resources to ensure that all classes have the appropriate teacher resources. This includes management of teacher absenteeism due to annual, medical or other leave.
- To review the demand for teacher resources and liaise with HR to ensure that these demands are met.
- To disseminate all relevant information and keep all staff of the centre well informed.
- Planning and Operational Management
- To ensure effective utilisation of teaching resources and share effective management of class fill with Head of Enrolment and Client Services.
- To contribute to the planning, monitoring and reporting of targets for your centre.
- Sales and Client Management
- In collaboration with the Head of Enrolment and Client Services, to define the sales strategy of the centre to improve customer engagement, brand awareness and perception.
- To work with the Head of Enrolment and Client Services, and Planning and Resourcing to optimise class planning in order to meet regional market demand.
- To ensure that all teaching staff are aware of key messages from Marketing and Enrolment to promote courses.
- To pro-actively build relationships with students and parents.
- To manage and monitor communications with parents, including but not limited to feedback cases and student progress reports.
- To co-manage communications with students, liaising with Head of Enrolment and Client Services.
- Child Protection
- To lead organisational and centre-based processes to implement Xin Zhong Wen procedures and policies.
- To lead and build Xin Zhong Wen’s reputation as a child safe learning environment at a centre level.
- To ensure every staff of the centre knows, understands and adheres to Xin Zhong Wen’s policies and procedures.
- To monitor and review the implemented guidelines.
- To liaise with teachers and the Child Protection Manager regarding identified cases, including arrangement of observations and communication with parents, if appropriate.
- To ensure child protection is prioritised and embedded in the centre working practices.
- Other Responsibilities
- To teach approximately 6 hours per week, including covering classes where the teachers are absent due to annual, medical or other leave.
- To complete the responsibilities and tasks assigned by senior management.
Snapshots of our ideal candidate
- Possesses a degree in any field from a recognised University.
- More than 7 years of experience in education and/or education management.
- Is effectively bilingual in spoken and written English and Mandarin to speak with Mandarin speaking staff and parents.
- Proven track record of strong leadership and people management experience.
- Experience of and commitment to academic leadership and management.
- Ability to build strong rapport across all levels, demonstrating strong leadership, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to mentor, coach and nurture.
- Academic credibility with a track record of excellence in teaching.
- Sound understanding of national curriculum and parent expectations.
- Resilient under pressure.
- Ability to engage parents and students.
- Comfortable with ambiguity.
- May have to work on Saturday and/or Sunday, if required.
Expect the best for the best – an attractive remuneration package.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 2 weeks.
Xin Zhong Wen