- Flexible working options
- A role that offers a breadth of learning opportunities
Our client is a leading independent tank storage company, operating 70 terminals in 23 countries. They store vital products such as chemicals, oils, gases, LNG and biofuels with care. With a focus on sustainability, they ensure safe, clean and efficient storage and handling of bulk liquid products and gases for their customers.
They are committed to developing key infrastructure solutions for the world’s changing energy systems, while simultaneously investing in digitalization and innovation.
You will be responsible for :
- Spearheading sourcing by identifying and onboarding potential suppliers.
- Negotiating favourable terms on pricing, payment, delivery lead times and other key areas.
- Performing ongoing supplier evaluation and improvement.
- Continuous improvement of sourcing activities by identifying and implementing best practices.
- Developing and implementing sourcing strategies together with cross-functional teams across the organisation.
- Analysing categories of spend to determine potential opportunities regarding cost optimisation.
- Management of existing supplier relationships and contracts and renegotiation of supplier contracts where required.
- Actively searching for alternative sources and solutions of supply.
- Determining best-in-class processes in order to drive lower cost while improving service levels.
- Working closely with Supply Chain and Operations to ensure continuity of supply.
- Leading contract reviews from a commercial, operational perspective, contract negotiation, and liaising with legal team as required.
- Drafting of new contracts, agreements and addendums/amendments.
- Advising key internal stakeholders on commercial & contract risks and developing and implementing of risk management strategies and plans.
- Leading/supporting contractual negotiations with third parties.
- Ensuring all contracts are compliant with corporate policy and meet regulatory requirements.
- Tracking and reporting on contracts reviewed on a monthly/quarterly basis.
- Selecting, monitoring and managing performance of vendors.
- Performing procurement and related activities to meet the project's cost, schedule and quality requirements.
- Pre-qualifying and negotiating with suppliers to ensure the best possible service quality and terms.
- Periodically reviewing project procurement plans and strategies for effectiveness and relevancy.
- Managing the vendor market for the category and taking full responsibility on contract management and commercial negotiations.
- Collaborating with category user departments to reduce the procurement cycle time, improve compliance with policies and achieve targets.
- Leading/participating in contract reviews and negotiations in coordination with the legal teams.
- You have at least 4 years experience ideally as a Buying/ Procurement, Contract Management or Sourcing within Chemicals.
- You possess excellent negotiating skills with a strong ability to influence people of all levels.
- You pay strong attention to detail and deliver work that is of a high standard
- You are a strong team player who can manage multiple stakeholders
- You are highly goal driven and work well in fast paced environments
- Attention To Detail
- Business Process Improvement
- Contract Management
- Cost Optimisation