· Provide technical assistance and support to Broadcast Operations and customers worldwide.
· Identify, follow-up, resolve and document incidents.
· Contribute to Major Sports Events during the preparations, installation and on-site operations.
· Assist in projects implementation and deployments.
· Participate in network interventions such as system upgrades, configuration changes and preventive maintenance.
· Be part of the stand-by support team (24h).
· Contributes to the qualification of new software and firmware before deployment across the network.
· Maintains clear procedures for the second level of support management for network services, and equipment.
· Escalates and follows up to L3 support either internally or with relevant providers.
· Contributes to management of the network inventory making certain that equipment resources are used in the most effective and efficient manner possible.
· Works to put in place procedures to guarantee regular equipment testing and maintenance.
· Assists with the timely and efficient preparation of equipment and resources for projects and events.
· Works with clients, suppliers and other Services teams to introduce new services, ensure reliable operations, and improve processes and efficiencies across the organisation.
· Contributes to define clear methods and procedures for the handover and support of all new technical services & solutions.
· Ensures knowledge transfer to colleagues through appropriate documentation.
· To maintain MCR equipment, provide on-site engineering support for events.
· To assist in engineering installations, investigate and propose engineering solutions for projects accompany business managers of the Asian-Pacific region during their customers visits.
· To assist the Managing Director in assessing suppliers from a technical standpoint and to provide critical input to the supplier selection process.
· To provide on-site support for equipment installation and commissioning.
· To manage the equipment inventory system and to advise the Managing Director on upgrades or replacements necessary to keep the system in good working order.
· To assess the current quality assurance and quality control systems and to advise on future upgrades.
· To keep up-to-date on technical improvements internally and externally and to advise any changes to align itself to these improvements.
· To prepare technical drawings for project submission.
· To assess through direct communication with suppliers’ suitability and viability of vendor solutions.
· To participate on site surveys for events in the Asia-Pacific region.
· Facility Management
· 10+ years of relevant experience in technical support/system engineer function, if possible, in broadcast and media networks
· Bachelor’s Degree
· Knowledge/working experience in broadcasting (DVB, DSNG, MPEG etc.), computer systems, network systems (TCP/IP), satellite communications and video streaming.
· Scripting (Perl, Bash, Python) and basic programming skills are a plus.
· Knowledge of basic Linux.
· Background in Satellite Communication.
· Datacom “Packetized” Networks
· Experience in Media Broadcast Technology, Video Compression (H.264) and Audio Processing Domain.
· Solid understanding of IP / Ethernet Networks.
· Familiarity with open-source tools, monitoring systems, hardware troubleshooting, tracking and resolution.
· Strong technical aptitude and ability to research and solve complex issues independently.
· Committed team player, excellent collaboration skills.
· Project management experience desired.
- Broadcast Engineering
- Broadcast Operations
- Network Router
- Satellite Communications