This role is the executive in charge of the organisation’s technological and engineering needs for the defence industries. The position is responsible for managing the development, implementation and integration of digital transformation, digital and data technology, and data services in the organisation, setting the vision and bringing stakeholders together in this journey.
Candidate examines and does relevant technology scanning for related short-term and long-term business needs of the organisation.
Candidate plans and manages the investments efforts in Research & Development (R&D) in digital technology domain.
Candidate is required to work closely with the 5 defence business areas, namely Digital Systems and Cyber Security, Land Defence Systems, Defence Aerospace and Marine, on identifying digital technology for defence related applications.
Candidate examines and does relevant advanced digital technology scanning for related short-term and long-term defence business needs of the organisation.
Candidate will participate in the digital transformation strategy to create positive impact to defence business areas.
Acting as the organization’s technological thought leader, Candidate oversees all technological endeavours and analyse performance metrics.
Candidate must remain aware of emerging technology trends and adapt the organization’s technology platforms as needed.
Candidate is required to:
• Lead the team to carry out short-term and long-term (more than 5 years) future scanning work and incubation on advanced digital technologies
• Build mindshare amongst internal and external stakeholders to commit resources for both business and enterprise digitalisation works
• Secure and ring fence the funding for digitalisation initiatives
• Develop the mid to long-term digital technology strategy and roadmaps
Candidate works closely with our Technology Offices & R&D community in recommending capital investments designed to help its defence digital business objectives.
Candidate provides technical leadership and oversees the competency trainings for the engineers and workforce on digitalisation for the company.
The ideal applicant must have an organized and creative mindset that drives to find innovative digital and electronics solutions to Defence, Public Security and Commercial problem statements.
Externally, Candidate is expected to work with R&D and technology agencies from the Singapore Defence and Home Team customers, Institutes of Higher Learnings (IHLs), local and overseas, as well as leading defence companies with innovative advanced digital technologies, extracting such technologies for adoption and deployment by our defence business areas.
Must have experience in future strategy works in research institutions or agencies or global commercial companies. Have experience in technology strategy planning or deep technology expertise in fields relevant to our businesses.
Preferred to have work experience in Defence Technology Community (MINDEF).
· MBA preferred
· Data Science, Computer Science, Electronics, Statistics and IT experience
· Minimum 10-15 years of experience
· Proven track record of success in technology related leadership positions in Singapore Public or Commercial or Defence sectors
· Exceptional project management and organization skills
· Strong communication and presentation skills
· Professional and ethical behaviour
· Analytical minded and proficiency in digitalisation technology
Work Location : Ang Mo Kio
Kindly submit resumes in MS Word format to [ Email address blocked ] . sg with the following details:-
- Position applying for
- Current remuneration
- Expected remuneration
- Notice period
- Reason for Leaving
Person-in-charge : Quek Hong Guek, Margaret
EA License No : 06C4642
EA Reg No : R1981137
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified
- Project Management
- Computer Sciences
- Master Of Business Administration (Mba)