You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Manager (Academic Programmes), College of Integrative Studies
- Support delivery of academic programmes
- Work with faculty, the Registrar's Office and College of Graduate Research Studies to administer course offerings for the Bachelor of Integrative Studies, MPhil in Asian Urbanisms and PhD in Asian Urbanisms programmes, including the uploading and updating of course information and adjustments to the courses;
- Registrar's Office to create, maintain and update students’ individualised study plans;
- Other SMU Schools and Offices to handle course administration including applications, matriculation, course enrolment, grade processing and graduation processing for the undergraduate and postgraduate research programmes;
- Other SMU Schools and programmes to facilitate student course enrolment and other student registration matters.
- Support the appointment of faculty advisors and industry mentors (for undergraduates), and the appointment of research supervisors and formation of thesis/dissertation committees (for postgraduates), as well as track the submission of student progress reports where applicable.
- Assist Associate Dean (Undergraduate Education) and Associate Director (Academic Programmes) in the management and review of exemptions for freshmen to facilitate their course assignment.
- Update the student handbooks and guides, as well as the faculty guides, under the direction of the Deanery.
- Support the planning and execution of programme-related events (e.g., academic briefings, fireside chats, D3 Symposium, dissertation defence, PhD qualifying exams, amongst others).
- Handle general enquiries relating to the CIS academic programmes.
- Support CIS student admissions activities
- Work with relevant offices to plan admissions interviews.
- Support the selection committees’ review of applications.
- Provide prospective students with information about admission process.
- Assist in outreach and recruitment activities.
- Manage CIS student affairs and activities
- Support the management of student matters including billing, student account setup, course enrolment, tracking of student progress, leave of absence, and handling of student conference trips where applicable.
- Advise the College’s student club(s) and student community to facilitate the development of a strong bond between the students and the College.
- Assist in the management of student club activities and student-related competitions.
- Organise activities such as tea sessions between students and the College Dean, start-of-term engagement sessions and industry partner appreciation events.
- Contribute to the planning and execution of University events involving CIS students (e.g., student orientation, commencement).
- Advise students on matters relating to SMU-endorsed overseas travel, internships and other student activities.
- Advise incoming international students on matters relating to student visa and transition to studying in Singapore.
- Minimum Diploma holder with at least 3 years’ experience in a similar capacity.
- Experience in higher education programme management will be an added advantage.
- Prior knowledge and experience in various aspects of academic programme administration and/or student administration is an advantage.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple stakeholders concurrently.
- Proficient in communication (written and spoken) and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in MS Office suite of applications, especially MS Excel and MS Word.
- Resourceful, detail-oriented and organised.
- Possess a passion for learning and development.
Candidates who do not possess the stipulated qualifications but have relevant work experience may still apply. Remuneration and appointment terms shall commensurate with qualifications and experience. SMU reserves the right to modify the appointment terms where necessary.
- Attention To Detail
Help us improve Jobscentral by providing feedback about this job:
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using Jobscentral you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the Jobscentral Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.