You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Full Time English Teacher
Love interacting with children? Passionate about learning and inspiring others to learn? Enjoy working in a creative and dynamic environment? You could be one of us!
As a Full-Time English Teacher at The Alternative Story (T.A.S.), you will be teaching 2-hour English tuition and Creative Writing classes to Primary/Secondary School students. You will be empowered to do what you love and love what you do. With your passion and drive, you will make learning effective yet enjoyable for your students!
You will work with vibrant people who value excellence and teamwork as much as you do. Here, your hard work will pay off and you will be given room to grow your skills and progress your career. Opportunities to progress as a mentor/trainer and/or to gain exposure in other key functions will be available to team members who are keen. Finally, you will have a unique opportunity to mould the next generation while enjoying a hybrid working environment!
- Passionate about working with children
- Able to engage and effectively communicate with a group of children
- Driven to improve yourself and produce excellent work
- Collaborative and willing to go the extra mile for parents and students
- Energetic, passionate and having a youthful attitude
- Singaporeans holding a Bachelor’s degree (preferably in a related field)
- At least 1 year experience teaching children in a classroom setting (MOE and/or special needs teaching background is a plus)
- Familiar with the Singapore Primary/Secondary School English syllabus and its challenges
- Graduate from a local university (NUS, NTU, SMU)
Other Details of the Role
- Attractive compensation and benefits package ($4,000 gross monthly salary, with opportunities to be rewarded with performance incentives and bonuses)
- Comprehensive theory and practical training will be given on an ongoing basis, helping to continuously build your skills in areas such as communication, mentoring and problem solving
- Flexibility to telecommute outside of class timing
- Opportunities to be exposed in other key functions such as developing materials and planning curriculum are available, if keen
- At least 13 classes a week (2 hours per class), including Friday and 1.5 days of the weekend
- Day / hours off on a weekday
- Work location may include multiple branches (Ang Mo Kio, Marine Parade, Bukit Timah and Clementi)
- 1-year contract position with possibility of extension/conversion to permanent
- Commit to work until end of 2023
- Creative Writing
- Engaging Communication
- Marking Of Scripts
- Parent Engagement
- Primary And Secondary School English Syllabus
- Working With Children
Help us improve Jobscentral by providing feedback about this job:
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using Jobscentral you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the Jobscentral Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.