McConnell Dowell is looking for a Finance / Accounts Executive for Singapore. We are a capable EPC contractor who has been active in South East Asia since 1971 and has a long history of successful project delivery in the region. This present an opportunity to engage talent into the Construction Management space. We welcome experienced Finance professionals to apply for this opportunity.
About the Business
McConnell Dowell is a major engineering, construction, building and maintenance contractor delivering infrastructure to the building, mining, oil and gas, petrochemical, power, social & public infrastructure, transport and water sectors.
The Group, which operates under the brands of McConnell Dowell and Built Environs, offers a broad construction capability with complete multi-discipline capability in building, civil, fabrication, electrical, maintenance and mechanical works with specialist engineering capabilities in pipeline, tunnelling, marine and rail construction.
Working at the forefront of the industry, we provide our people with a stimulating environment that challenges them to think laterally and excel beyond even their own expectations. We equip, inspire and empower our people to be their very best, to learn through experience, and to help us reach the highest standards in all areas of the business. We make sure all our people are made for the job.
- Co-ordinate the financial reporting activities of McConnell Dowell South East Asia Pte Ltd, its related companies and its subsidiaries.
- Provide support and assistance to regional offices and administrative staff to ensure the integrity and accuracy of financial information reported.
- Reports to Finance Manager.
- Liaises with Divisional Operational Managers and Project Staff.
- Assists Accounts Payable process.
- Preparation of cash flow forecasts.
- Preparation of monthly GST return.
- Ensure accounting standards, administration procedures and internal controls per the Company policies are followed.
- Liaise with operational managers and project staffs to ensure adequate controls and systems are in place to achieve financial credibility and integrity in the accounts and project costing information.
- Ensure the accurate preparation and timely submission of financial reports as required by Corporate Office including monthly accounts (Trial Balance, P&L and Balance Sheet ex Sun etc), MR6 information, Job Costing reports, cash flow forecasts etc per the timetable determined from McConnell Dowell Corporate Office, Melbourne.
- Liaise with Finance Manager and produce divisional reports as required including P&L, Overhead and other reports.
- Co-ordinate preparation of annual accounts package and liaise with group auditors as required.
- Ensure all General Ledger accounts are reconciled monthly and are correct.
- Ensure all statutory reporting obligations are met, including company tax returns, payroll taxes, licensing obligations, company reporting and employee registration requirements.
- Ensure accounting standards, administration procedures and internal controls per the McConnell Dowell policies are followed.
- Liaise with operational managers and project staffs to ensure adequate controls and systems are in place to achieve financial credibility and integrity in the accounts and project costing information. This includes regular visit to Malaysia as required.
- Respond to Corporate Office requests for information as required.
- Any other duties as may be required by the Company.
- Relevant Accounting qualification (LCCI / Diploma / Degree)
- 0 to 3 years commercial accounting experience
- Experience in a construction environment will be advantageous
- Sound understanding and application of accounting standards
- Clear and concise communication (Oral and written)
- Presents reports of a practical and user friendly nature
- Passionate about McConnell Dowell’s values of safety & care, honesty & integrity, customer focus, working together and performance excellence.
- Strong commitment to the safety promise of “Home Without Harm”.
Interested candidates, please send resume to our recruitment team to apply directly.
Due to volume of applications and replies received, we regret to inform only suitable candidates who apply directly will be notified upon successful applications and applicants referred by recruitment agency will not be considered. We will still consider your profile for near future opportunities again. Thank you for your understanding and interest!