You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Vice President - IWM Operations Control (Singapore) - Operations
Nomura is a global financial services group with an integrated network spanning over 30 countries and regions. By connecting markets East & West, Nomura services the needs of individuals, institutions, corporates and governments through its three business divisions: Retail, Wholesale (Global Markets and Investment Banking), and Investment Management. Founded in 1925, the firm is built on a tradition of disciplined entrepreneurship, serving clients with creative solutions and considered thought leadership. For further information about Nomura, visit [ Link removed ] .
Aon’s Benefit Index®, Nomura’s benefits rank #1 amongst our competitors
IWM Operations processes support IWM business that has Inherent High Risks. Various Operational controls implemented within IWM Operations space allow us to reduce these inherent risks to low/acceptable levels. While multiple layers of control within the IWM Operations operate daily controls, the focus of such Operational controls is transactional and this new role of Control officer within IWM Operations will assist to critically evaluate design of these Operational processes and support the line managers in strengthening them where needed. IWM Operations team deals with various upstream functional partners and due to this unique process design of the Client Services Group (BM, CSO, FCC, GH) as well as Shared Services Group (CSO, Banker, Custody partners, Product Specialists, Fund Houses) roles and responsibilities are sometimes not very clear. From a control stand point IWM Operations Control officer will ensure clear hand off and role definition.
IWM Operations team is also undertaking a vendor resource strategy to enhance the efficiency and cost effectiveness of the overall process. The new model will require establishing of a robust governance model to ensure adequacy of controls in the new model. The IWM Control officer will play a critical role in supporting and sustaining this transition from the current operating model. The IWM Control officer will work along side the other team leads to critically review the RCSA frame work and make suitable changes/additions to reflect the new operating model where possibly maker/checker controls might be spread across vendor team and regional hub.
- Provide effective internal control challenge to processes within IWM Operations
- Review RCSA submissions, monthly continuous control reviews with line managers and ensure adequate coverage of risks
- Able to review existing process and come up with ideas for efficiency without compromising on control
- Ensure adequate governance and oversight over outsourced activities and continually review the model with service providers and line managers providing daily oversight for such functions
- Critically evaluate the KRI packs and dashboards and work with line managers to ensure appropriate escalation protocols are in place
- Document top risks and action plans for remediation, identify emerging risks and represent IWM Operations in various control forums
- Work with the Business Control Office to ensure cross functional controls and hand offs are clearly defined
- Continually review performance of daily controls framework followed by line managers covers inherent risks and evaluate residual risks with IWM Operations Head periodically
- Interface with Internal and External Audit teams and work with line managers to ensure continual audit readiness
- Track completion of action plans for regulatory and audit reviews and review evidences independently working together with Risk and Control partners
- Min 10 to 15 years’ experience in Wealth Management Operations or Risk and control
- Private banking experience in settlements functions which include processing, reconciliations, fails management preferred
- Ability to manage small team of control professionals and provide oversight
- Team player with good interpersonal and communication skills
- Comfortable with tight deadlines and pressure
- Inquisitive, proactive and able to work in fast paced environment
- Track record of being involved in projects and change initiatives is added advantage
Nomura is committed to an employment policy of equal opportunities, and is fundamentally opposed to any less favourable treatment accorded to existing or potential members of staff on the grounds of race, creed, colour, nationality, disability, marital status, pregnancy, gender or sexual orientation.
DISCLAIMER: This Job Description is for reference only, and whilst this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, it is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. The management reserves the right to revise the job and may, at his or her discretion, assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- Balance Sheet
- Banking Services
Help us improve Jobscentral by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: 7_3a27dd5d96cc44e8bb4edd53f3662a
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using Jobscentral you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the Jobscentral Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.