You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Vice President - Market Risk Manager - Risk Management
Nomura is a Global financial services group with an integrated global network spanning over 30 countries. By connecting markets East & West, Nomura services the needs of individuals, institutions, corporates and governments through its four business divisions: Retail, Asset Management, Wholesale (Global Markets and Investment Banking) and Merchant Banking. Founded in 1925, the firm is built on a tradition of disciplined entrepreneurship, serving clients with creative solutions and considered thought leadership. For further information about Nomura, visit [ Link removed ] .
The management of Market risk is a key business priority for Nomura and is vital to the successful delivery of the firm's strategy. The AeJ Market risk team has responsibility for the development of Market risk management for the region, including:
- Developing the Market risk strategy and governance framework in line with the Global Market risk management and regulatory framework
- Establishing a set of Market risk services to support the business areas' management of Market risk
- Developing the tools and templates to allow the effective collection, review and use of Market risk information
- Through a team of Market Risk Managers, effectively working with different stakeholders across the business to embed a Market risk culture throughout the organisation
- Supporting the Senior Market Risk Managers in the performance of their responsibilities
Market Risk Management is looking to hire a Market Risk Manager (Vice President) to participate in covering Singapore based business in AEJ Macro, CVA and Treasury. The risk analyst will also be responsible for overseeing day to day market risk management governance processes and covering Singapore regulatory reporting as well as maintaining market risk oversight on Singapore legal entities. The successful candidate will gain experience across AEJ Rates, FX and Credit as well as core G10 currencies products and markets.
- Daily review of key market news and positions taken and key changes
- Devise risk control framework suitable for Front Office strategy and product range to ensure risk taking is aligned with the firm's risk appetite and policies.
- Liaise regularly with Front Office trading and structuring in the implementation of risk controls and ensure that issues identified (limit breach, incomplete or inadequate risk monitoring, system problems) are addressed in timely manner.
- Produce daily risk report and limits reports timely to trading, senior management and regulatory stakeholders
- Conduct scenario analysis and review of structured/ hybrid portfolio and implement necessary risk control frameworks.
- Ensure VAR and capital components are reviewed and signed off daily.
- Review of stress test scenarios, results and analysis of key drivers
- Review new product and transactions eg (DCFX, structured products) from a market risk point of view and provide opinion to management.
- Review market risk regulatory reporting and stress testing results submitted to Singapore regulators
- Work with stakeholders on firm wide risk projects eg. FRTB and VAR system development in terms of design and testing.
- Work closely and manage relationships with groups outside of Market Risk, such as Credit Risk, Research, Quantitative Research, Finance, Product Control, Middle Office, Market Risk Technology, Regulatory, and Internal Audit.
Candidates for the position should:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in market risk function
- Experience in Fixed income or Exotics/Hybrid IR products
- Experience in market risk processes (eg. VAR, limits, stress testing)
- Bachelor or Post graduate degree in a quantitative field eg. Statistics, mathematics, Engineering
- Knowledgeable about developed and AEJ emerging markets in general
- Ability to work autonomously and willingness to get involved and take responsibility for area covered.
- Proficiency in Excel, VBA programing
- Strong analytical, communication and independent problem solving skills and able to deliver under tight deadlines.
- Energetic, independent with aptitude to learn and improve processes.
- Strong team player who can interact and work well with front office, senior risk managers and other control functions
Nomura is committed to an employment policy of equal opportunities, and is fundamentally opposed to any less favourable treatment accorded to existing or potential members of staff on the grounds of race, creed, colour, nationality, disability, marital status, pregnancy, gender or sexual orientation.
DISCLAIMER: This Job Description is for reference only, and whilst this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, it is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. The management reserves the right to revise the job and may, at his or her discretion, assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- Emerging Markets
Help us improve Jobscentral by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: 4_a8444ad9e579013841e9992d831ade
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using Jobscentral you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the Jobscentral Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.