You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Job Description & Requirements
Data Center Technician will be required to work with a team of and the project lead onsite for supporting physical installs, troubleshooting, servers & networking equipment and the installation and laying of associated cabling eg. Copper and Fiber patch cords/ cables. Entry level of experience working with IT equipment and related knowledge is an advantage. You must be able to carry and install equipment of minimum 20 kg independently and work closely with teams.
• Server and Network Equipment unpacking, installation, basic troubleshooting (Network MUX, Switches & Routers, Servers & Storage, PDUs, NICs, etc.)
• Network and Servers installation & maintenance (rack & stack, cabling, parts replacement, etc.)
• Inventory of network and server equipment - Asset Management and Data Collection. Capture critical device information such as asset tag, serial numbers, MAC addresses and related information.
• Plan to ensure proper cable management and power redundancy practices are in use
• Self-perform basic server troubleshooting such as power and link light verification
• Interface with customers, clients, and technical staff as needed
• Physically assist in moving and racking equipment as directed
• Maintain a clean and safe work environment
• Execute installations in accordance to rack layout elevation diagrams and patching records Essentials:
• Experience within a data center environment and basic tasks such as rack & stack, patching, hardware install, 2 post vs 4 post racks, U-counts etc.
• Familiar with network cabling such as types of fiber and copper. (SMF, MMF, , MPO, MTP, CAT6A,)
• Familiar with basic server hardware and components (CPU, memory, storage, NICs, etc.)
• Basic understanding of datacenter air flow, heat management, and power redundancy practices
• Able to use basic hand tools. Drills and screwdriver
• Regularly lift equipment weighing up to 45 lbs.
• Detail oriented and organized
• Excellent documentation skills
• Ability to read and comprehend rack elevations, patching matrices, network topologies
• Ensure given tasks are completed in a timely manner through independent planning, prioritization and time management
• Ability to communicate in english
• Diploma/Higher Nitec in Information Technology or equivalent professional experiences
• Minimum 1-3 years of datacenter or similar technical experience
• Computer and Network related certification (CCNA, Network +, A+) is an added advantage
• Understanding of types of network and server hardware such as routers, switches, firewalls, KVMs, JBOD's etc.
• Experience in operating systems installations: Microsoft Windows Server, Linux distributions, & VMWare
- Asset Management
- Cisco Certified Network Associate
- Data Centers
- Data Collection
- Drilling Operations
Help us improve Jobscentral by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: 8_10a51c0778551b47942ad1249bedec
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using Jobscentral you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the Jobscentral Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.