You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
The Head of TIE programme is responsible to the School Principal and the Programme Manager in the execution of professional duties and responsibilities. The role comprises of leading the English as a second language programme intended for students who need to improve their English academic language proficiency, with the aim of facilitating their transition into mainstream school that offer an English curriculum.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Help lead pedagogical practices and academic systems of the TIE programme including curriculum review, scheduling, learning and teaching and assessments.
- Undertake the teaching of a class in accordance with the school’s agreed policies and guidelines.
- Lead the academic team in implementation and review of the programme.
- Design engaging learning experiences for the students. Use a variety of appropriate teaching and caring methods to ensure high quality learning takes place.
- Plan and work with the admin team in procurement of the resource required for the programme.
- Be responsible for all aspects of classroom management eg. Care of equipment with resources well-labelled and accessible. Maintain a tidy, well organised room.
- Lead effective assessment procedures and moderation including keeping appropriate records of achievement for each child in class and provide reports as necessary.
- Lead professional dialogue with colleagues concerning the children, other colleagues and the school. Treat all information with confidentiality.
- Respect and value each child’s social, cultural and religious background and by example, provide mutual respect and tolerance.
- Share in the management of pastoral care, health, welfare and behaviour of all pupils and in particular, those within your designated class group.
- Ensure the provision of equal opportunities for all.
- Encourage children to take pride in their own environment and show respect and concern for others, to the benefit of the school as a caring community.
- Build positive links between yourself and parents of children in your care.
Qualifications and Skills
- Successful candidate who exhibit our Image of an Educator: Collaborative, Life-Long Learner, Open-Minded, Respectful, Passionate
- Minimum Bachelor Degree in Education from a recognised institution, involving not less than 3 years full time study
- Proficiency in teaching English as a second/foreign/additional language.
- Teacher Certificate, Diploma or other Teacher Accreditation courses and certification are required if the applicant’s degree is not in Education
- At least 2 to 5 years of relevant teaching experience in upper primary years and/or lower secondary classroom
- Experience in leading ESL departments or programme and/or international experience is highly valued.
- Candidates with MOE experience are welcome to apply
Help us improve Jobscentral by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: 8_1ab518179d73206f8feb250181d078
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using Jobscentral you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the Jobscentral Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.