Cyber Security Analyst
The Cyber Security Analyst (CSA) is responsible for assisting with the day-to-day operations of securing the organization’s various information systems. Reporting to the Information Security Manager, the CSA is tasked with providing technical expertise in all areas of network, system, and application security. The CSA works closely with the various teams in the organization to ensure that systems and networks are always designed, developed, deployed, and managed with an emphasis on strong, effective security and risk management controls. The CSA leads the organization’s vulnerability management program, manages the annual cybersecurity assessments and penetration tests, and researches and reports on emerging threats, to help the organization take pre-emptive risk mitigation steps. The CSA effectively correlates and analyses security events to proactively detect threats and mitigate attacks before they occur.
• Proactively monitor the environment to detect and implement steps to mitigate cyber-attacks before they occur.
• Provides technical expertise regarding security-related concepts to operational teams.
• Review, investigate, and respond to real-time alerts within the environment.
• Review real-time and historical reports for security and/or compliance violations.
• Monitor online security-related resources for new and emerging cyber threats.
• Assesses new security technologies to determine potential value for the enterprise.
• Conducts vulnerability assessments of firm systems and networks.
•A four-year college degree or equivalent industry training and certifications.
• 3-5 of experience in a security analyst or related position.
• Technical knowledge of enterprise-class technologies such as firewalls, routers, switches, wireless access points, VPNs, and desktop and server operating systems.
• Thorough understanding of Microsoft’s enterprise technology platform, including Azure, Active Directory, SQL, Office365, and the Windows server and desktop operating systems.
• Proficiency with Windows PowerShell.
• Strong writing skills, as well as the ability to articulate security-related concepts to a broad range of technical and non-technical staff.
• Working experience with creating, implementing, and managing a threat hunting program within a corporate environment.
• Demonstrated experience implementing and/or enforcing security and compliance frameworks.
• Be a proficient problem-solver that is able to work autonomously.
• One or more of the following certifications: CEH, CISM, CompTIA Security+, CISSP, GSEC
• Experience with managing and securing both on-premise and hosted systems and applications.
• Experience with application and database security.
- Active Directory Group
- Application Security
- Certified Ethical Hacker
- Certified Information Security Manager
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional