The Application DBA will be responsible for database system administration and support. The DBA will be required to assist application team on databases system implementation, setup, maintenance, support and troubleshooting application database related issue for clients.
To provide effective and efficient delivery of infrastructure projects, services and database administration support to customers. Support development team on PL/SQL programs and Shell Scripting.
- Responsible to provide Oracle Database, MS SQL Server administration and support for projects/clients.
- Create database objects (tables, indexes, etc.)
- Write database procedures, functions, and triggers
- Assist developers with database activities
- Tune database queries
- Assist application team to troubleshoot application/database related issues. Manage and coordinate with vendors to provide database support for the customers.
- Create, document, and implement standards and/or complex modelling to monitor and enhance the capacity and performance of the database.
- Coordinating with customers and application project managers for database infrastructure implementation and setup as per application requirements.
- Responsible to plan, schedule, track and coordinate with project manager, application support for database system version upgrade and database server patches.
- Manage, design and implement database backup and recovery procedure for database recovery. Implement monitoring for database backup.
- Assist application team to troubleshoot application/database related issues. Manage and coordinate with vendors to provide database support for the customers
- Provide SIT, UAT and Production database application installation, setup and support.
- Manage and configure the database backup and day to day operations.
- Degree in Computer Science, IT or equivalent
- 5+ years' database administration experience of Oracle RDBMS & support on Solaris/Unix/Linux environment. Knowledge on managing Oracle Golden Gate & MS SQL Servers is a plus
- Solid background in PL/SQL
- Experience in Oracle databases troubleshooting and maintenance.
- Experience in database security hardening, monitoring and capacity planning
- Able to coordinate with customer, application project managers & vendors on database infrastructure setup and installation.
- Able to work under pressure, meet tight deadlines and a commitment to maintain optimum database system availability for customer.
- Excellent customer focus with emphasis on commitment to continuous improvement in database system availability and performance.
- Experience in Oracle databases and Oracle Golden Gates troubleshooting, and maintenance will be useful.
- Experience in shell scripting
- Acceptance Testing
- Business Process Improvement
- Capacity Planning
- Data Recovery
- Database Security