Autodesk is seeking a Senior Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) to join the Data Ingestion team within the Analytics Data organization. The Data Ingestion team processes around 100 billion events and 250TB of data per day from all Autodesk products. The team is responsible for building and maintaining streaming real-time enterprise level data pipelines and developing simple, repeatable ingestion patterns for Autodesk’s internal data platform.
As a Senior SDET, you will have the opportunity to design and develop test frameworks that will test the infrastructure and systems for the ingestion pipelines. You will play a key role in developing strategies, tools, processes, and frameworks to test individual components, as well as their integration points throughout the platform.
In this position you will be joining a very talented and seasoned engineering team. You will have the opportunity to be exposed and work with many new and exciting technologies and frameworks used in a streaming data platform.
We expect you to have a solid background in creating and leading testing strategies. You will also be expected to have proficiency in software quality assurance methodologies, processes, and practices within an agile software development lifecycle.
We are looking for people who are as excited about data technology as we are.
You can be part of improving quality of our products across all aspects of our core data platform and see your work drive the business. Come join us and be a part of bringing our real time ingestion systems to the next level!
- Creatively design and develop innovative strategies, tools, processes, and frameworks to test our components, as well as their integration points throughout the platform
- Understand and report test results that our team can use to ensure the quality of the platform. Improving the efficiency, reliability, and stability of the platform
- Collaborate with other engineers, providing testing insights and coming up with innovative solutions to improve and ensure the quality of our platform
- Configure and deploy server test environments on physical hardware and cloud-based server instances
- Oversee the test strategy of data platform to ensure the quality of products
- Define necessary test automation, design automation flow, share implementation effort with software engineer
- Define and establish test metrics to measure not just product quality, but quality of testing and feedback to engineers
- Keep up to date with data testing technologies in the market to facilitate a build or buy conversation in areas where needed
- Bachelor’s degree, Masters preferred in Computer Science /Information Systems/Engineering/related field
- At least 4 years’ experience working in Quality Assurance or Development of complex systems
- Solid proficiency in building test frameworks using Java and/or Python and/or Bash
- Solid proficiency in deploying, troubleshooting and working in Linux server environments
- Solid proficiency working with virtualization software (VMware, VirtualBox, etc.) and AWS cloud services
- Solid proficiency integrating and automating with continuous integration tools such as Bamboo, Jenkins, Hudson, etc
- Up-to-date working knowledge of software quality assurance methodologies and be well versed in the various types of tests
- Humble, collaborative, team player, willing to step up and support your colleagues
- Outstanding problem solving skills
- Highly organized in keeping track and documenting testing progress and results (e.g. Allure Reports, etc)
- Proficient communication/interaction skills to collaborate and work well as a member of the engineering team
- Commit to grow deeper in the knowledge and understanding of how to improve the quality of our platform
- Enthusiasm for cutting edge technologies, complex problems, and breaking things
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and commit to agreed business goals
- Familiar with Test Automation development
- Familiar with non-functional testing such as load, performance and resiliency testing
- Good communication, problem solving and interpersonal skills
- Good command of English (Speaking, Writing and Reading)
- Working in an agile environment using test driven methodologies
- QA Experience with ‘Big Data’ technologies / tools such as Hadoop, Spark and BI/MIS systems
- QA Experience in messaged based systems architecture such as Kafka, MQ
- Good understanding of data architecture principles
- Proficiency in writing SQL queries
- Agile Methodology
- Amazon Web Services
- Apache Hadoop
- Apache Kafka
- Apache Spark
- Auto Cad