The successful candidate will work with A/Prof Suresh Valiyaveettil on Biomineralization under a project on Understanding the Mechanism of Shell formation in Bivalves using Giant Clamshells as a Model System.
The main responsibilities of the position includes:
- Conduct research in the lab in the area of biomaterial synthesis
- Analyse the data collected
- Prepare and keep an up to date lab report
- Prepare and present weekly report
- Help with laboratory safety management
Qualifications / Discipline:
- BSc/MSc degree in Chemistry or related field
- Able to conduct experiments in a chemical laboratory
- Knowledge on various spectroscopic (FTIR, UV-Vis, Fluorescence) and microscopic (Optical, SEM) techniques used for material characterisation
- Proven research experience in material synthesis and characterisation
- Some research experiences in material synthesis, characterization, analysis of characterization data of organic and biomaterials are considered important for this position.
Interested applicants are invited to apply directly at our [ Link removed ] .
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
- Optics And Eye Wear Duties
- Research Experiences
- Search Engine Marketing