You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Senior Layout and Piping Engineer
Are You a Difference Maker?
We are looking for a Senior Design Engineer, Layout & Piping to join our Neste Engineering Solutions engineering team in Singapore.
We have a small team of experts working in the engineering team and your role is responsible for the execution of plant investment projects to the agreed scope, quality and schedule. We also support any development and growth projects which may be initiated from time to time in line with our strategic objectives.
Your part in Neste’s journey
In your role, you will have the opportunity to do layout and piping design work and lead design teams in both local and international projects. Layout and piping engineering in our projects includes all project phases from idea creation, pre-study and feasibility study via basic engineering to detailed engineering and As Built phase. In addition, our layout and piping engineers are also involved in construction supervision right up to mechanical completion.
- Perform design tasks according to the agreed quality, scope, time and safety
- Develop, implement and apply NES defined design engineering work methods and tools systematically
- Manage own performance and the performance of the team members and work share partners
- Develop oneself in leading design work and workshare partners, or towards becoming a design specialist of own engineering discipline
- Collaborate and network with other design disciplines, workshare partners, suppliers, contractors and customers
- Participate in contracting and purchasing activities including bid preparation, execution planning and cost estimates
- Take part in developing our instructions and way of working
- Provide engineering support in resolving site queries and site issues
- Participate as construction supervisor for piping works at site during turnarounds and shutdowns
In this role you will report to the Engineering Team Manager. The position will be located at 1 Tuas South Road, Singapore at Neste refinery site.
Our work combines accountability, cooperation, and the desire to develop and renew. Working safely at all times is essential to all of us.
Keys to success in this role
The best combination of experiences, skills and background is
- Bachelor's or Master's engineering degree in mechanical, or similar
- Minimum 12 years of experience in leading the design work of complex projects according to the agreed quality, scope, time and safety including working on brownfield projects in existing refinery
- Knowledge of relevant national and international standards and regulations
- Experience in conducting field surveys to gather relevant information for performing layout and piping design works in brownfield refinery
- Thorough knowledge of layout engineering and all associated principles and requirements (such as functional requirements) necessary for efficient use of plot space and facilities and ensure that the layout and facilities are compliant with all necessary safety and authority requirements
- Thorough knowledge of piping engineering including proper layout and support
- Experience in preparing various layout and piping deliverables such as overall and unit plot plans, equipment general arrangement drawings, piping general arrangement drawings, tie-in drawings, fire-water drawings, isometrics, steam tracing drawings, material take-offs etc.
- Good understanding of information flow and interfaces among other engineering disciplines
- Experience in purchasing activities right from preparation of material requisitions, to technical bid evaluations followed by vendor documentation review post order placement
- Experience in preparation of job definitions (construction scope of work and specifications) for the piping scope, evaluation of technical bids submitted by construction contractors.
- Good working knowledge of S3D, Navisworks and Microstation
- Experience in executing projects using the workshare model
- Administrator knowledge of S3D preferred
- Working knowledge of piping stress analysis and Caesar application
We also value
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
- Good self-leadership skills and networking skills with strong focus on project delivery
Please submit your application by 5th May 2023.
The recruitment process will include interviews and possible aptitude testing.
The person selected for the position must pass a health examination. A security clearance is obtained for the persons with their consent.
Join us in creating a healthier planet for our children.
Our success is based on our people who are the driving force behind Neste’s transformation to become a global leader in renewable and circular solutions. We are also committed to carbon neutral production by 2035. The passion that we have for creating a healthier planet for our children is what makes us unique.
We have set high standards for biodiversity, human rights and supply chain. We have consistently been included in the Dow Jones Sustainability Indices and the Global 100 list of the world’s most sustainable companies.
To carry out our strategy and business growth, our values guide our work. We support, develop and take care of the wellbeing of our people to enable them to grow, innovate and build our future.
We care. We have courage. We cooperate.
At Neste we want our people to feel good and do good. We provide clear and transparent targets, development opportunities, empowering leadership as well as rewards based on role and responsibilities.
The world is going through changes. At Neste our strategy reflects the understanding and mindset that we can be in charge of these changes to serve our purpose: to create a healthier planet for our children.
In the end, it is the people who make the company. We are Neste.
For more information, please visit [ Link removed ] .
- Contract Management
- Cost Modelling
- Field Studies
Help us improve Jobscentral by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: 3_0b1e3f663b23f44890bce0a826a765
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using Jobscentral you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the Jobscentral Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.