An Infrastructure Engineer (IE) is responsible for designing, building, deploying, and maintaining the IT infrastructure using the latest technology for our Customers as well as internal in house systems. An Infrastructure Engineer requires all the IT systems that support businesses of any size to function efficiently.
Infrastructure here includes Internet connectivity, security, cabling, servers and networking, virtualization platforms, storage area networks and any infrastructure related technologies.
With the expertise, Infrastructure Engineers ensure all of the systems within an organization function seamlessly. They work on site or remotely by evaluating all the systems within an infrastructure. Engineers may also be required to interact with all vendors on behalf of the customers or company concerning the infrastructure.
Infrastructure Engineer should be knowledgeable about network and security concepts, SAN technology and storage, and tuning techniques and system performance configuration and they should have exposure to networking in Windows server and Linux, TCP/IP environment, virtualization technologies, and OS performance monitoring.
Infrastructure Engineer needs good communication skills and must be able to work collaboratively with clients and other technical colleagues. Individuals work across all functional areas of the Company and use a strong customer service orientation to ensure that all service requests and incidents are resolved in a professional manner. They share their expertise and provide individual training and support to their technical colleagues within TSG. Infrastructure Engineer works with other technical staff and vendors to provide IT services to all our customers.
Your job duties will include but not limited to:
- performing installation, configuration, administration, migration, maintenance, tuning, troubleshooting, patching and upgrading of the IT infrastructure;
- managing technical deliverables of any projects and determine deployment strategy with the Project Managers;
- assisting Project Manager to create project plans, project roles and responsibilities, tracking and reporting project status. Communicating delays and issues;
- producing, delivering, and maintaining appropriate documentation for systems in accordance with document control standards and procedures;
- attending to pre-sales call to conduct scooping and customer site evaluation, if any;
- assisting sales in proposal preparation and technical write-out including drawing, if any;
- researching for solution and proposed appropriate solution to enhance / resolve customer’s pain points;
- ensuring customer’s satisfaction is highest at all time
- monitoring and performing capacity and feasibility studies and resolve system related issues.
- providing assistance for the reduction in volume and mean time to recover incidents in your business unit by providing high-level, independent trouble shooting on technical issues;
- providing assistance to Technical Recovery plans, and taking part in technical recovery for major incidents within your defined area;
- working and cooperating with internal and external groups when required in order to fully support environments and maintain service;
- adhering and contributing to the definition and implementation of operating procedures and operability on new and existing systems, ensuring adherence to defined operations standards;
- adhering to change management procedures in defining, planning and implementing change in such a way that ensures appropriate coordination with other teams, minimizing service disruption, and ensuring adherence to Service Level Agreements;
- collaborating with business, third party vendors, developers, application support and technical operations groups to determine appropriate hardware/software needed and to resolve any issues impacting the application processes;
- staying abreast of recent developments in related technical community, including new technology and business news that may impact vendors’ ability to provide service;
- seeking out all information and to fully understand all aspects of each device’s technology configuration and all uses;
- approving engineering tools available to implement conforming changes;
- packaging, company approved hardened versions of targeted operating systems;
- ensuring stack of agents for management systems are properly installed and connected; and
- maintaining patch levels in accordance with change management and security standards.
- Any other tasks assigned by the respective Team Managers and Directors
- Minimun 3 years experience.
- Bachelor's degree in a computer science or information technology field
- Relevant IT Certifications such as MCSA Windows Server 2012/2016; or MCSE Productivity Exchange 2016; or MCSA Office 365. CCNA Routing and Switching; and/or CCNA Security is an added advantage, along with VCP in Data Centre Virtualization.
- Must have strong knowledge of enterprise backup solution such as Symantec, CommVault etc.
- Storage (Computing)
- Information Security
- Installations (Computer Systems)
- Operating Systems
- Cisco Certified Network Associate