You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Research Associate/Ph.D. Candidate (Food Technologist for Plant-based Proteins)
TUMCREATE is a multidisciplinary research platform of the Technical University Munich (TUM) at the Singapore Campus for Research Excellence and Technological Enterprise (CREATE). We are joining forces with universities, public agencies, and industry for the advancement of future technologies.
Our large-scale Food Science ‘Proteins4Singapore’ program is funded by Singapore’s National Research Foundation (NRF). The Technical University Munich (TUM) and Nanyang Technological University (NTU) join forces with the Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT) and A*STAR’s Singapore Institute of Food and Biotechnology Innovation (SIFBI) to research plant-based proteins.
Please visit [ Link removed ] for more information about TUMCREATE.
Key Job Purpose for Position
You will be working in the team of Proteins4Singapore, a comprehensive research programme with renowned scientists of plant and food technology, food chemistry, and business sustainability. Interdisciplinary teams will generate state-of-the-art methods and techniques to ensure a sustainable protein supply in highly urbanized environments.
This subproject will develop and characterize protein-based materials for new processing applications. One of the major goals will be to characterize plant-based materials that have a potential of structure formation with desired rheological behavior and pleasant flavor. The team will combine innovative food processing approaches like extrusion and food 3d-printing in the construction of food machinery for future food production.
- Characterize plant-based proteins by material characterization techniques
- Establish lab protocols and develop approaches and tools to characterize the structuring potential for plant-based proteins
- Develop protein-based formulations for food processing
- Analyze structure and texture of plant protein-based food
Competencies and Qualifications Requirements
- Familiar with extrusion technology as a tool for the formation of anisotropic protein structures
- Familiar with structure – functionality relationships of food material
- Experience with rheological and analytical characterization
- Good team player, able to work with deadlines and dynamic requirements
- Self-motivated and quick learner who is passionate about latest trends and technologies
- Positive attitude and desire to work in fast-paced environment
- A Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Food Technology, Process Engineering or related disciplines.
- Strong skills in English speaking and writing, problem-solving and communication.
Please send your complete application including cover letter, CV, university transcripts and degree certificates to [ Link removed ] .
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We are looking forward to your application!
- Food Technology
Help us improve Jobscentral by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: 4_03c1763ca00fa993c352cf85ef347b
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using Jobscentral you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the Jobscentral Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.