The Technology Marketing & Communications is responsible for developing and managing an integrated marketing strategy to help grow the company's Technology business around the world. The team is responsible for imagining, spearheading and executing campaigns and programs that help create profitable growth and enhance the position as one of the world's leading Technology companies. We are looking for a creative, content marketing and communications professional who can effectively influence and collaborate across the organization. You must not only quickly understand, analyze and communicate technology innovations and trends, but be inspired by working in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
Working as part of the global Technology Marketing & Communications team, this position is responsible for driving the marketing and communications strategy and programs plus growing alliances for the company's Technology Sustainability Innovation. These initiatives include all innovation and thought leadership as well as capabilities and offering campaigns. Job Responsibilities
Support overall strategy and drive execution of marketing programs related to Technology Sustainability Innovation, including for specific Sustainable Technology offerings such as Sustainable IT, Cloud and Software as well as Technologies for Sustainability initiatives including Project Amplify and Tech4Good programs. Business Focus Area
Lead Marketing Strategy, Content & Programs
- Position the company as a tech innovation leader and demonstrate the commitment to building a more inclusive and sustainable world
- Help the company's Technology Sustainability Innovation grow (in reputation, revenue and market share) a range of services, spanning our Sustainable Technology and Technologies for Innovation offerings.
- Support the company's ecosystem agenda and initiatives where applicable in relation to Technology Sustainability Innovation
Marketing Leadership Expectations
- Marketing strategy: Support development of Marketing strategy and plan that strengthens the company's reputation as a tech sustainability innovation leader and a steward of a more sustainable world
- Success stories: Direct content development of engaging, memorable technology sustainability success stories that span all corners of the globe - including documentary shorts; Provide facts and figures that quantify societal impact and demonstrate tech sustainability innovation leadership
- Thought Leadership: Drive, package and promote thought leadership related to Technology Sustainability Innovation- technology trends, frameworks, principles and platforms that enable positive societal impact.
- Digital marketing: Use digital marketing to drive strong share of voice related to Technology Sustainability Innovation. Capitalize on "moments" that support our communication objectives. Support executive communications online, including writing and editing support for blogs and social media posts.
- Media and Analyst Relations: Collaborate with Media, Analyst and Investor Relations teams to develop Technology Sustainability Innovation speaking platform, media strategy and outreach, responses to analyst inquires, and prepare spokespeople.
- Internal communications: Amplify Technology Sustainability Innovation messages and success stories via internal publishing, webcast events, videos, and other employee and operational communications.
- Campaigns and Events: Shape and execute the company-owned events and speaking engagements and event participation in relation to Technology Sustainability Innovation including COP26, WEF and key sustainability events.
- Partner marketing: Collaborate with the ecosystem M+C team and other ecosystem partners, including non-profits, social entrepreneurs, NGOs, corporate foundations, and like-minded corporate partners to drive collaboration and co-innovation in the technology sustainability space; Position the company as a tech partner of choice for sustainability and social innovators looking to scale their missions related to global sustainability, including equality, education, inclusion, health and environment.
- Disrupt old ways of communicating by continually challenging our marketing team, agencies and business leaders to be at the forefront of the company's visual and verbal brand style.
- Collaborate with marketing colleagues across the organization to rollout programs and strategies across the company.
- Willingness to "roll up your sleeves" and provide tactical execution on marketing campaigns, events, asset development, etc. (not just managing, but doing).
- Be an "in the scrum" team player who can switch gears to be responsive to the business, based on the priority of the day, week or month.
- Degree in Marketing & Communications or related.
- Experience working in technology industry and/or sustainability marketing is highly desirable.
- Minimum of 10 - 12 years' experience in marketing and communications, preferably with some experience in the technology industry; experience in applying marketing concepts; branding and message development skills.
- Proven ability to provide deep and original thinking about complex issues and make them easily understood by a broad audience.
- Strong written and oral communication skills. The ability to present and communicate ideas clearly and persuasively at all levels to multiple audiences.
- Strong organization, program and time management and content development skills, with a demonstrated ability to meet milestones, meet tight deadlines and communicate status on concurrent projects.
- Excellent negotiation, influence, mediation, conflict management and executive stakeholder management skills.
- Bold creativity and a passion for new technology trends and the future.
- Willingness to learn quickly, take initiative and maintain focus.
- Ability to be flexible and work analytically in a virtual, problem-solving environment.
- Strong project management skills, organizational, multi-tasking, and time-management skills
- Exceptionally strong teaming skills
- Excellent negotiation, influence, mediation and conflict management skills.
- Excellent Digital, Social Media and PowerPoint skills.
- Personal flexibility to work virtually, sometimes in the office (post COVID) or travel where and when required. Willingness to participate in virtual meetings outside of regular business hours to accommodate other time zones.