You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
• We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa, and the Middle East. To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours: do the right thing, better together and never settle, as well as our brand promise: Here for good. We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture, one where everyone can realize their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organization. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
• The Financial Markets Technology function is responsible for the systems development and technology infrastructure which underpin the Bank’s services for Financial Markets clients. The data modelling team is an integral part of the overall vision of the FM re-platforming strategy to have a singular, extendable, re-usable and comprehensive data model, the team is responsible for analysing and transforming data across FM systems to support Front, middle, back office & regulatory teams.
• Currently we are looking for a high performing candidate to lead and drive our FM Data Modelling team; The candidate will be expected to take ownership, responsibility, and accountability for data modelling definition and data transformation implementation across FM data domains, enabling critical FM deliveries. In addition, the successful candidate will have come from a mature and demonstrable Agile and Business Analysis background and be comfortable dealing with the resistance that comes with change. A sound knowledge of Financial Market trades and product is essential.
• With direct responsibility for a team of 17 data modelling BAs and developers, the successful candidate will need to be a natural leader and mentor with a driven yet pragmatic, delivery focused mindset and a desire to deliver constant business value through the effective and innovative use of technology.
• The candidate will work closely with the other team members: Product Owner, Production Support Lead and senior stakeholders to design and implement critical strategic solutions whilst collaborating and engaging with Business Stakeholders to deliver to exact requirements. The candidate is expected to work in a dynamic global team with business analysts, developers, project managers, business stakeholders and other technical experts across multiple locations while leading and building the team.
• Develop a strategy for FM data modelling in all awareness of the FM industry evolutions in that space (ISDA CDM, FpML etc.)
• Be the FM Data Modelling SME, point of contact and contributor to all relevant committees and forums (project execution, data modelling centric forums, functional architecture forums)
• Data Modelling and Logical Models – Manage the Financial Markets data model and other bank data standards including standardisation of SCB XML (physical model mapping), conceptualize logical data models and business data views.
• Drive the record keeping of the data lineage and data model usage across platforms to ensure traceability of usage and ease of adoption of changes or deprecations
• Leverage domain knowledge and expertise to coordinate the definition of solutions for the problem at hand on data related matters. Support the delivery teams in solving complex problems.
• Design and define the build of a data model self-service tool to allow consumers support their own requirements.
• Conceptualize data requirement and design data transmission model in order to define organization wide data model and interpretation standard,
• Understand data requirement documentation and define mapping between logical data model and physical data model
• Collaborating with project team, IT functions and vendors to ensure that business data requirement are fulfilled by the proposed solution
• Solution implementation and change managed in accordance with agreed best practice.
• Continuously optimize the solution, actively clearing technical debt.
• Continuously optimize the software delivery process and CI / CD maturity.
• Ensure the creation of SDLC artefacts in line with corporate governance requirements: scope definition, testing plan, acceptance criteria, roll out plans, financials management.
• Prepare and / or contribute material to relevant, higher-management committees as required
People & Talent
• Define and track performance objectives for all direct reports
• Mentor and support the growth of high-potential individuals.
• Perform continuous review and adjustment of the organization structure and capacity plans to adjust to business priorities.
• Manage workload allocation for the team and monitor performance of direct reportees
• Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across the Group. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
• Manage governance and escalate risk and issues to appropriate governance forums
Regulatory & Business Conduct
• Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
• Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
• Lead the team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles. Fair Outcomes for Clients, Effective Financial Markets, Financial Crime Compliance, The Right Environment.
• Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Knowledge and Experience
• Extensive knowledge and first-hand experience of Financial Markets products and trade life cycle.
• Experience implementing trade STP across multiple source platforms.
• Understanding of industry data standards or services such as FIX, ANNA DSB, ISDA CDM, XML, JSON and FpML
• Extensive experience in working with big data concepts, building data lineages and data models
• Knowledge of FM product pricing (FI, EQ, CR, CM, Rates) is a plus (at least in one asset class).
• Expert in full life-cycle software design and implementation with post-implementation support.
• Advanced in planning, organizing and leading technology projects in Financial Markets.
• Experience in Regulatory reporting (MiFID/ESMA/DF) and data governance space is good to have.
• Fluency with data dictionary concepts in Financial Markets domain.
• Familiarity with Trade Processing systems like Murex, Apex/Martini, BTS etc. is good to have, Including understanding the definition and utilities of XSLTs
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Experience working with senior business stakeholders and executive committees.
Skills and Traits
• Strong communication and presentation skills with an excellent standard (written and spoken). Ability to tailor the message to the audience.
• Pro-active stakeholder engagement with strong influencing capability.
• Possess a driven, can-do attitude and proactive in stakeholder engagement.
• Highly effective working and interacting with multiple stakeholders’ teams and functions.
Our Ideal Candidate
• Bachelor's / Master’s degree in Banking / Finance / Management.
• 10+ years of experience in Software delivery Management.
• Ability to provide direction and leadership; able to deal with uncertainty.
• Advanced understanding of agile ways of working and delivering transformation.
• Strong interpersonal, relationship building, and influencing abilities.
• Ability to collaborate and work dynamically across a broad range of stakeholders.
• Ability to manage geographically dispersed team and stakeholder base with multi-cultural awareness and sensitivity.
• Highly disciplined and structured with an outcome orientated mindset and approach.
Role Specific Competencies
• Modelling: Data, Process, Events and Objects
• Logical Data Modelling
• Business / Requirements Analysis
• Financial Products and Markets
• Project Management
• Industry Data Standards such as FPML, XML & JSON
• FM Product and Trade Life Cycling and Management Domain Knowledge
• Drive Solution Design and Software Delivery
• Complex Problem Solving
• Manage Large Distributed Teams
• Stakeholders Management
• Planning and Financials Management
About Standard Chartered
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
• Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
• Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
• Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
In line with our Fair Pay Charter, we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
• Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
• Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
• Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
• Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
• A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
• Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
Recruitment assessments - some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website [ Link removed ]
- Agile Methodology
- Banking Services
- Big Data
- Business Analysis
Help us improve Jobscentral by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: 7_7bd33d9aab7d848de22dcbec29f747
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using Jobscentral you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the Jobscentral Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.