You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
The Lead UI Artist is responsible for facilitating the creation of high quality graphic design assets in support of the presentation direction of the game. The Lead UI Artist works with Game Design, UX, VFX, Animation, as well as Audio, to craft a “AAA”-quality UI realization that ties into and extends the overall narrative and presentation of the game. He/She is expected to push the quality and innovation of making 3D art assets for games, and mentoring more junior artists across the team. He/She is also expected to raise any concerns or problems and then try to propose solutions.
Art & Design
• Understand the visual direction of the Presentation Director and communicate it well to your team;
• Resolve question from your team whenever possible. Escalate issues to the Presentation Director if the direction is not clear;
• Support the other cells providing HUD, Menus, visual assets…;
• Support the marketing efforts with visual assets as necessary;
• Work closely with fellow artists, programmers, animators, game designers and sound designers;
• Produce AAA-quality UI art assets, adhering to the overall presentation and art direction. This includes a strong competency in typography, layout, and composition, utilizing 3D and animation to drive realization interface features;
• Establish an overall vision for designated UI features, produce supporting visual mockups, and assist in selling concepts to all creative stakeholders;
• Ability to adapt to an ever-changing design environment, and problem solve complex interface/content presentation challenges in a professional manner.
• Show maturity in problem and conflict resolution. Proactively voices out concern to stake holders with supported justification;
• Maintain a professional and healthy relationship with all the team members.
• Show exemplary commitment, even in critical situations;
• Demonstrate strong feature ownership, able to manage the UI backlog, from concept to completion;
• Drive innovation in both UI design implementation and the technology/tools required to achieve it;
• Act in a mentorship capacity to mid-level and junior artists in their respective tasks, nurture team growth and studio capability;
• Regular 1:1 meeting with reports
• Collaborates with relevant disciplines to ensure that all design requirements, content prioritization, and technical implementation standards are met;
• Promotes UI/UX best practices at both a project and studio level;
• Actively participate in feature discussions and creative brainstorms at a feature level.
• Minimum 10-15 years of experience
• 5+ years of experience or more in video game production is required;
• Relevant degree in Art or Design;
• Shipped experience of minimum 2 AAA games as Lead UI;
• High quality portfolio will be taken in consideration (color, composition, iconography, illustrations, textures, materials);
• Nice to have is motion graphics: 2D Animation, topography, after-FX tool;
• Ideally some good skills in 3D Studio Max, zBrush, SubstancePainter is also good to have;
• Photoshop, Illustrator, AfterEffect, Adobe suite;
• Experience in engine with creation of UI assets;
• Leadership skills: organization, process, time management, task management, feedback reviews, set objectives, mentoring, communication skills, team player;
• Critical to have someone with excellent command of English;
• Technical UI knowledge is highly appreciated but not must to have;
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Photoshop
- Art Direction
- Autodesk 3 Ds Max (3 D Graphics Software)
Help us improve Jobscentral by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: 7_1f6fb54ac5b17bf026529eb3cc23ef
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using Jobscentral you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the Jobscentral Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.