You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Hotel Manager - InterContinental Singapore Robertson Quay
As the world’s largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand. Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs. Inspiring us to create warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world.
Each of our hotels cultivates a distinctive style and ambience where we embrace every opportunity to give our guests a personal and enriching experience. If you’d like to embrace a wider world of experiences and opportunities, we’d like to welcome you to the world’s most international luxury hotel brand.
Your day to day
Assist in providing day-to-day leadership and direction by maximising financial returns, driving development of people, creating and maintaining a unique guest experience, executing on brand standards, and building awareness of hotel and brand in the local community. Act as the General Manager in his/her absence.
- Assist General Manager in the development, implementation and monitoring of financial and operational plans for the hotel to ensure optimum guest satisfaction, sales potential and profitability.
- Make recommendations for capital improvements to enhance the assets of the hotel and/or company and brand loyalty.
- Direct day-to-day activities, plan and assign work, and establish performance and development goals for team members. Provide mentoring, coaching and regular feedback to help manage conflict, improve team member performance, and recognise good performance.
- Educate, train and motivate hotel staff while ensuring they have the information, market data, tools and equipment to successfully carry out job duties.
- Recommend and/or initiate salary, disciplinary, or other staffing/human resources-related actions in accordance with hotel and/or company rules and policies.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with key department heads.
- Interact with guests and individuals outside the hotel, including, but not limited to, current and potential clients, owning company representatives, community leaders, government officials, travel industry representatives, suppliers, competitors and other members of the local community.
- Ensure highest level of guest satisfaction by providing quality guest services and amenities.
- Ensure a safe and secure environment for guests, team members and hotel assets in compliance with owners’ policies and procedures and regulatory requirements. Maintain relations with outside contacts.
- Act as public relations representative to raise awareness of hotel and brand in local community. Drive team member involvement in community organisations, activities Develop and carry out action plans to be environmentally conscious by taking steps to reduce the hotel’s carbon footprint.
- Perform other duties as assigned. May also serve as manager on duty.
This job is the second in command to the General Manager in a large full-service, luxury, resort, or major flagship hotel with an extensive range of facilities and services, high volume catering and/or convention facilities, and a large number of VIP and special key guests. Typically a large international location with extensive competitive pressures and operates in all market sectors.
What we need from you
Bachelor’s degree / higher education qualification / equivalent in Hotel Administration, Business Administration, plus three years of general management experience in a high level operations role or prior general manager experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Type and level of experience required may vary slightly based on size and complexity of operation. Must speak local language(s). Other languages preferred.
What we offer
In return for your hard work, you can look forward to a highly competitive salary and benefits package – including:
- 5-days work week
- Duty Meal
- Uniforms/ Laundry Services
- Midnight Transportation
- Birthday Off
- Learning and Development Opportunities
- Flexi Benefit
- Insurance Coverage
- 50% F&B discount at Hotel’s selected Restaurant
- Special Employee rate at all IHG Hotels worldwide
What’s more, because your career will be as unique as you are, we’ll give you all the tailored support you need to make a great start, be involved and grow. And because the InterContinental Hotels & Resorts brand belongs to the IHG® family of brands, you’ll also benefit from all of the opportunities that come from being part of a successful, global hospitality company with over 6000 hotels in over 100 countries around the world.
So whoever you are, whatever you love doing, bring your passion to the InterContinental Hotels & Resorts brand and IHG and we’ll make sure you’ll have room to be yourself. Find out more about joining us today by going to careers.ihg.com
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.
- Business Administration
- Human Resources
- Public Relations
Help us improve Jobscentral by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: 2_83605f81cc927a3c227990c10186e0
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using Jobscentral you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the Jobscentral Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.