You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Assistant Vice President / Vice President, Risk Management (Investment Review)
The Investment Review team provides independent evaluations of proposals to invest in private and publicly listed companies. The team’s work focuses predominantly on equity investments, and occasionally debt and fund investments.
In co-operation with investment origination and execution teams the VP will:
- Lead investment reviews, including overall project management, managing interactions with origination and execution teams and supervise junior staff
- Identify key assumptions, valuation and risk drivers and stress-test financial models to assess the impact of various scenarios on value and returns
- Independently form a view on reasonability of key assumptions in financial forecasts and overall investment thesis; challenge these assumptions if necessary
- Provide a comprehensive risk assessment through review of non-model drivers, due diligence findings and ESG issues
- Form a well-reasoned view on structural aspects of proposed transactions (especially privately negotiated PE-type deals), especially from a risk and risk mitigation perspective
- Provide input for due diligence planning and participate in due diligence, including meetings with advisors and target companies
- Occasionally participate in the review of existing investee companies, particularly from a valuation and risk driver standpoint
- Develop transaction-specific monitoring guidelines for investee companies post investment
Relevant experience and qualifications
- Min. 7-9 years of experience in PE/M&A transaction execution (incl. PE fund, investment banking or in-house M&A environment), equity research, valuation, investment risk management, or in a transaction approval and evaluation role
- Alternatively, relevant experience in transaction services and M&A due diligence
- Significant experience building complex, integrated financial valuation models from the ground up
- Advanced degree in finance, economics, business administration, accounting or a quantitative discipline
- Strong financial modelling skills
- Detailed understanding of valuation methodologies, including complex DCF and LBO models
- Able to quickly grasp and understand business dynamics, risk and value drivers of target companies across all industries and geographies
- Commercially astute and able to assess an investment proposal in its entirety
- Previous experience in transaction processes, including due diligence
- Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint.
- Maturity and diplomatic influencing skills to partner with a wide spectrum of colleagues across the organisation, including origination and execution teams
- Confident and strong communication skills. Needs to be able to structure, discuss and present complex issues in an easy to understand manner. Able to lead presentations (incl. Q&A) to senior management and investment committees, Exco and Board.
- Eager to learn and able to work under tight deadlines
- Good team player who puts the organisation first
- Fluent English skills. Additional languages are a plus.
- Business Administration
- Confident And Emotionally Stable
Help us improve Jobscentral by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: 3_30dd3cdea0f23da2479c6b2bfa5b90
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using Jobscentral you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the Jobscentral Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.