We are looking for an experienced Procurement Professional to manage our Commercial Battery Cells Commodity. Working in collaboration with internal stakeholders in Procurement Engineering, Research, NPI (New Product Innovation), NPD (New Product Development) as well as external partners, you will strive to find the best-in-class suppliers with the highest performance possible. You will position materials for supply assurance early in the development cycle and ensure long term assurance of supply for sustaining products, ensuring that vendors have flexibility in meeting Dyson’s product launch schedules. In addition, you will co-develop, own and drive the end to end Global Commodity Strategy for Commercial Battery Cells.
About the role
Global commodity managers work collaboratively alongside our Procurement Engineering, RDD teams and provide front line support to Procurement project managers. You will manage and own existing and new supply chain partners through the RDD to Production process to ensure we are building robust new and current supply chains that have optimum cost, quality and performance outcomes.
- Full commercial responsibility of the Battery Cell Commodity across all product categories.
- Dual source activities - Work closely with commodity managers and engineering team (RDD) to implement alternative components
- Component qualification coordination - Follow up closely on qualification of alternative cell components to mitigate supply risk & as part of cost down activities.
- Responsible to work with category and engineering managers to build up commodity strategies based on product category requirements and needs.
- Key focal person to manage materials readiness to support project time plans. Coordinate with commodity managers and suppliers to fulfil project requirement.
- Screen markets for new manufacturers that meet our requirements; drive selection process and steer allocation decision.
- Negotiate and agree costs.
- Demand change management - Work with Supply Chain to support S&OP processes and with the Assurance of Supply team (AOS) on expediting of critical parts and material allocations with priority justifications.
- Support operations and supply chain to manage materials exposure in contract manufacturers to reduce liability. Work with suppliers on cancellation & rescheduling on materials to reduce exposure.
- Support RDD/engineering team on evaluation or validations build.
- Price management - Analyse BOM break down, take full use of Procurement cost toolbox tools to increase cost excellence.
- Components risk buy management - Manage risk buy components cost and manage PPV.
- Work with Category Procurement Managers (CPM) to manage the BOM scrubbing process – identify longevity of those components and components selections from Approved vendor list (AVL).
- Risk assessment management. Work closely with Category Procurement Managers (CPM) and commodity managers to identify risk components, support mitigation.
You will demonstrate a clear passion for Commodity Management and the benefits it can bring to our organisation. You will be able to smoothly navigate sometimes complex situations and be comfortable operating at the highest level within the business. Technical know-how, commercial acumen, stakeholder management and influencing skills will be key for this roles. Resilience, and the desire to bring about change is also essential.
- Degree in Engineering or Business.
- Experienced in management of electronics/elec-mechanical procurement
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent negotiation skills in monopolistic and competitive settings
- Cross-functional leadership.
- Ability and drive to work independently.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Has worked with and/or at manufacturers for Battery Cells.
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
- Change Management
- Commercial Awareness