0 suggestions are available, use up and down arrow to navigate them
You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
COBOL Developer | Contract
Manpower Singapore Singapore Contract
8,000 SGD - 10,500 SGD/Month
- Analyze an organization and design its processes and systems, assessing the business model and its integration with technology.
- To convert the existing COBOL built application to the newly build Java application
- Assess current state, identify customer requirements, and define the future state and/or business solution.
- Research, gather and synthesize information.
- Provides intermediate-level system analysis, design, development, implementation, and testing of data-centric applications in a Mainframe environment. Integrates third-party data as needed.
- Thoroughly understands and applies agile software development methodologies - Kanban in particular.
- Translates technical specifications, and/or logical and physical design into code for new or enhancement projects (for internal or external clients).
- Develops code that reuses subroutines or objects, is well structured, includes sufficient comments, and is easy to maintain.
- Writes programs, ad hoc queries, and reports.
- Participates in design, code, and test inspections throughout life cycle to identify issues and ensure methodology compliance.
- Writes the system/technical portion of assigned deliverables. Assists technical team members with the system/technical portion of their deliverables, e.g. systems testers, and test plans. On small teams, the developer may write these items.
- Performs unit testing and writes appropriate unit test plans to ensure requirements are satisfied. Assists in integration, systems, acceptance, and other related testing as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computing Engineering or its equivalent
- Minimum 5 years of experience in mainframe development
- Good working knowledge in mainframe environment with proven methodological expertise
- Experience in designing, programming and development mainframe platform
- Experience in Programming using e.g. COBOL, Java, CICS/DB2, PL/1, TSO, MVS, JCL, Angular and Spring Batch
- Demonstrated track record of good analysis, design, and implementation capabilities
Bernice Mae Nocum Rallonza EA License No.: 02C3423 Personnel Registration No.: R1442141
- Agile Methodology
- Cobol (Programming Language)
- Computer Programming
- Customer Information Control System (Cics)
- Ibm Db2
Help us improve Jobscentral by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: BBBH128026
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using Jobscentral you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the Jobscentral Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.