The Ethics and Compliance Manager supports the Company in regional compliance and ethics matters and assists the Vice President of Ethics and Compliance with the development and implementation of global policies, procedures, programs, standards of conduct, and training. Assists the Vice President of Ethics and Compliance on aspects of legal and regulatory compliance regionally, including regularly monitoring/assessing regional compliance risks; updating compliance policies and procedures; providing regional compliance training courses; addressing regional compliance issues and managing other aspects of compliance risk.
What You Will Do:
- Corroborates with the Vice President of Ethics and Compliance to understand compliance initiatives and develop a regional strategic plan for implementing and executing the identified objectives.
- Identifies potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk regionally. Assists with the development and implementation of preventive and corrective action plans related to compliance risks and failures. Tracks progress on remediation of risks and vulnerabilities; provides appropriate reporting.
- Identifies regional compliance-related trends by monitoring the activities of relevant regulatory agencies and instrumentalities.
- Develops strategic functional plans/programs and projects, including gathering data, performing statistical and financial analyses, reporting on performance metrics, coordinating project priorities, analyzing and correcting data system errors, identifying problem areas and areas of non-compliance, and making recommendations for performance improvement solutions.
- Develops, maintains, and revises policies and procedures for regional initiatives under the Ethics and Compliance Program to help prevent illegal, unethical, or improper conduct by Company personnel and representatives.
- Prepares and conducts training, gives presentations, and navigates Compliance Unit Database.
- Assists Vice President with Ethics and Compliance with documentation of regional compliance-related monitoring procedures and conducts audits to ensure that internal controls/corrective actions are implemented, and policies complied with.
- Conducts or manages compliance investigations as applicable.
- Responsible for regional implementation of third-party intermediary due diligence program.
- Continuously improves compliance tools and databases. Creates relevant tools that can be reused and apply experience to enhance standard processes and tools to promote cross-training and knowledge sharing.
- Prepares updates and audits compliance records regionally by detailing compliance reports, failures, alerts, and corrective actions.
- Attends outside training as appropriate to maintain up-to-date knowledge of changes in applicable governing laws and policies.
What You Will Need:
Education and Experience
- Law Degree
- A minimum of four years in legal, compliance, internal audit, or finance environment.
- A minimum of two years of supervisory or managerial experience is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of global anti-corruption, U.S. government contracting, trade compliance, antitrust, and data privacy laws.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English fluently.
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively with people from multi-functional and diverse backgrounds.
- Knowledge to read, analyze and interpret general compliance periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from levels of management, employees, and vendors.
- Ability to obtain a working knowledge of the ABS Health, Safety, Quality, and Environmental Management Systems.
- The incumbent reports to a Vice President level position or above. This position does not have direct reports.
- Business Correspondence
- Compliance Training