• Installs and repairs wiring, fixtures, and equipment for all electrical services aboard ship and in shipyard facilities, following blueprints and wiring diagrams
• Installs conduit to bulkheads with brackets and screws, using hand tools, and threads wires through conduit to terminals, for example connection boxes, circuit breakers, voltage regulators, and switch panels.
• Tests electrical characteristics, for example, voltage, resistance, and phase angle, in circuits, using voltmeters, ohmmeters, and phase rotation indicators
• May also construct instrument panels, using hand tools, rulers, dividers, and power drills, following specifications
• Troubleshoots electrical equipment and circuits using appropriate test equipment to detect and effect required maintenance, repairs, or replacement requirements
• Performs maintenance and repair of generators, switchboards, controllers, circuit breakers, electrical motors, distribution panels, alarm and lighting circuits
• Conducts insulation resistance measurements of electrical cables to determine condition and effects repairs or replacements as required.
• Supervises and participates in the installation and/or alteration to electrical systems aboard ships
• Maintains adequate inventories of electrical spare parts and requisitions replacements as required
• Maintains electrical system maintenance histories notating date, and extent of repairs and/or alterations
• Adhere to Bizsafe safety standards and ISO quality standards
• Electrical automation control system: to install, troubleshoot, repair and modify the new control system.
•NTC/Higher NTC in Electrical/Mechatronics/M&E Engineering and related field.
•Preferably with at least 1- 2 years working experience in electrical repairs and maintenance.
•Able to work under pressure
•Able to read electrical circuit drawings.
•Preferably to have experience in DC/AC motors, Generators, Switchboards and Circuit breakers.
•Able to perform troubleshooting and fault rectification during daily operations
•Positive-attitude and having initiative to perform all works allocated to him
•Willing to work in outdoor condition e.g heat, oil and dust
•** High OT
- Alarm Devices
- Cladding (Construction)
- Construction Toolkits
- Control Systems