You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
We are looking for an experienced Underwriter to assume the position of Senior Underwriter for Casualty (Motor, General Liability and Personal Accident) Treaty business in our South East Asia Underwriting team.
Reporting to the Head of Treaty Underwriting, SE Asia, you will be responsible for underwriting reinsurance treaty business in line with the underwriting authorities and client strategies; manage the existing Casualty treaty portfolio and develop new business opportunities for SEA markets.
- Assuring the quality of technical risk reviews and acceptances, including reinsurance pricing and stipulation of reinsurance conditions in accordance with underwriting guidelines, internal rules, authorities, targets, and client strategies
- Influencing and ensuring the quality and strategy of underwriting within the position's area of responsibility
- Handling client relations and underwriting related client interactions, identifying and developing new business potential and new clients in collaboration with Client Management
- Close monitoring responsible markets and responsible treaties’ performance; responsible for treaty and portfolio maintenance, reporting and forecasting
- Compiling, implementing and executing LoBs, client and market strategies (in close collaboration with Client Management)
- Closely working with Corporate Underwriting (CU) and Casualty Regional Centre on execution of underwriting guidelines and strategies within the position's area of responsibility, and on portfolio planning, monitoring and controlling
- Participating in projects/initiatives
- Assuming special tasks, e.g. working in departmental and cross-departmental working groups or projects
- University degree, ideally in economics, mathematics, actuarial science, statistics or law-related discipline, or equivalent insurance qualifications
- Minimum of seven years of reinsurance experience in Casualty treaty business and primary insurance experiences in these fields of Casualty
- Profound pricing knowledge in non-proportional and proportional business as well as experience in use of underwriting and pricing tools
- Excellent analytics, problem solving and solution-oriented skills (incl. understanding of numbers and data structuring)
- Proficient in MS office and data relevant applications
- Solid knowledge and experience in reinsurance contract terms and conditions
- Creativity and experience of developing non-traditional products, knowledge of accounting, finance and supervisory regulations of the market, project experience
- Strong team player with collaborative mindset, strong ownership and willingness to assume responsibility
- Excellent communication skills
- Eager to explore new topics and knowledge
- Excellent spoken and written business English is essential. Additional language skills are a plus, in particular additional skills in major Asian language.
At Munich Re, we embrace, and value, the interaction of diverse backgrounds, experiences, perspectives and thought. This interaction is our foundation. Of our open culture and spirit of partnership. Of how our teams are built and cultivated. Of how we are supported and developed. And at the centre of this interaction is each of us.
- Business Development
- Business English
- Coaching And Mentoring
Help us improve Jobscentral by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: 5_067625c13be41b63cd86caf8c95d01
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using Jobscentral you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the Jobscentral Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.