The SINGAPORE EYE RESEARCH INSTITUTE (SERI) serves as Singapore’s national research institute for ophthalmic and vision research. SERI functions as the research arm of the various clinical ophthalmic centres in Singapore including the Singapore National Eye Centre, the National University Health Systems (NUHS), Tan Tock Seng Hospital etc., and further works in collaboration with Duke-NUS Graduate Medical School and various biomedical research institutions, as well as major eye centers and research institutes throughout the world. SERI has developed a world-leading reputation in broad-based clinical translational research and epidemiological programmes for many eye diseases, particularly disease relevant to Asia. SERI currently has close to 200 staff with an annual budget of $20M.
The Population Health Research (PHR) is the translational eye research unit at SERI. Headed by Prof Ecosse Lamoureux, the unit is focused on the epidemiology and risk factors of major eye diseases in Singapore, patient-centered outcomes research, and translational clinical research in eye diseases.
PHR is inviting suitable candidates for the position of Clinical Research Coordinator (CRC).
As a CRC, you will execute best practice clinical research to support quantitative and qualitative data collection as part of the PHR-related projects to inform the development and implementation of psychometrically robust questionnaires to assess the quality of life (QoL) of individuals with eye diseases. You will be involved in the planning, development, and oversight of the day-to-day clinical activities for specified clinical research initiatives, as established by the principal investigator (PI) You will be expected to provide support for an array of duties related to the various study protocol, including recruitment of study subjects, case notes extraction, questionnaire administration, and managing the study sample database. You will also develop and administer budgets and operating procedures for the project, coordinating day-to-day administration related interactions with associated departments, agencies, and vendors. Flexibility to work on multiple projects sharing similar protocols, a natural aptitude for organization, and being deadline-driven are important attributes for this dynamic position.
- Plan, schedule and carry out day-to-day study procedures such as recruitment of participants and collection of high quality clinical and patient-related data
- Following training and validation, conduct refraction, administer questionnaires, and carry out other clinical procedures as specified within the relevant study protocols
- Prepare various study materials (invitation letters, brochures, screening log forms, etc.).
- Ensure that all clinical activities are carried out in accordance with established research protocols and in compliance with applicable laws, regulations, policies, and procedural requirements
- Undertake data entry and preparation of reports to share the study status (e.g., recruitment etc.,) with the supervisor
- Serve as the primary point of liaison between investigators, ancillary departments, regulatory bodies, and research participants
- Perform other job-related duties, as assigned
- Diploma/degree in Optometry, Social Sciences, Psychology, or other health-related discipline
- Strong communication (especially spoken and listening) and interpersonal skills, leadership, and people management skills
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills with project management experience
- Experience administering survey questionnaires and collecting clinical data from study participants
- Computer competency including proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and effectively work in teams
- Able to work from Mondays to Fridays and on alternate Saturdays. Might be required to work after-office hours (only when required for certain occasions).
- Fresh university graduates welcome to apply
Experience working with a wide variety of stakeholders (patients, doctors, nurses, researchers, admin staff etc.) and ability to manage group dynamics effectively
Note: Salary package offered will commensurate with relevant experience and qualifications
- Clinical Research
- Clinical Works
- Data Collection