Quality control inspectors make sure that products meet standards of quality and safety. Responsible for performing inspections, checks and tests for quality control for the manufacture of products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs mechanical inspection to ensure all quality aspects of the job are met exactly.
- Inspection includes but is not limited to:
- Raw materials, components, fabricated/manufactured parts & assemblies
- First Piece/First Article, Receiving/incoming inspection, in-process, final inspection
- Measures piece parts /components and/or assemblies
- Generates detail inspection and nonconformance reports as necessary.
- Checks documents for accuracy and compliance to requirements
- Read and interpret information from engineering drawings, travelers, specifications and other documents to generate a complete and precise inspection report/record.
- Inspection(s) are internal
- Interfaces and provides support to other departments, suppliers and customers on quality related issues as necessary
- Requires ability to maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Attain positive results and communication through team effort
- Strong organizational, problem solving and analytical skills, strong attention to detail.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Good working knowledge of MS Office applications and database software
- Must be computer literate!
- Basic math abilities
· Must be able to read and apply production instructions, drawings, BOM schematics, and specifications in a proficient level
· Proficient in GD&T (Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance)
· Able to read and interpret specifications, standards and engineering drawings/Blue Prints.
- Proficient in mechanical measurement techniques and workmanship standards related to machining and secondary processes such as: paint, power coat, plating, etc.
- Proficient with weld symbols, call-outs, wiring and/or crimping requirements.
· Precision sheet metal
- Proficiency using hand held tools (micrometers, calipers, Optical Comparator and other measuring and test equipment.
- Able to proficiently operate CMM’s and perform basic “CMM” measurements
- High School Diploma/equivalent
- Some technician coursework/AA degree preferred
- 1-2 years working in machine shop, assembly clean rooms. Semi-Conductor and/or similar industry