NewPower Worldwide is a leading global independent distributor of electronic components and finished goods. We provide a wide range of services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes some of the world's largest OEMs, ODMs, EMS Providers, Military and Aerospace, Authorized Distributors and Global Service Facilities. For more information, visit 180907555
We are seeking a skilled talent acquisition specialist to source top-notch candidates for our company. You will be responsible for determining job requirements, screening candidates, and forecasting hiring needs in this role. You may also be required to promote our company's brand with recruitment initiatives and events.
To ensure success as a talent acquisition specialist, you should possess extensive experience as a recruiter and the ability to attract the perfect candidate for each role. Accomplished talent acquisition specialists are attuned to their company's hiring needs and contribute to its success by hiring talented and reliable candidates.
- Build complete recruitment strategy to meet company's hiring targets
- Liaising with internal departments to determine recruitment needs.
- Determining selection criteria, hiring profiles, and job requirements for vacant positions.
- Sourcing potential candidates through online company career portals, recruitment sites, job boards, social platforms, and print media, posters, and flyers, when required.
- Responsible for a full cycle of recruitment - Job posting, sourcing of candidates, screening & selection of applications, arranging of interviews, salary proposals, performing reference and background checks, following up on acceptance and confirmation of commencement date
- Evaluating applications and screening candidates via calls or emails, as well as facilitating pre-interview assessments.
- Use various methods to recruit and network with potential candidates, including social media platforms, networking events, and job fairs
- Compiling interview questions and conducting in-person or video call interviews with shortlisted candidates.
- Preparing hiring forecasts as part of the company's strategic planning.
- Documenting processes and fostering good relationships with potential candidates and past applicants.
- Developing hiring strategies and procedures in line with industry trends and keeping informed of advancements in the field.
- Work closely with management on all diversity initiatives involving recruitment to ensure fairness in hiring practices
- Actively work toward building a diverse and qualified team to support the organization
- Ensure proper onboarding for new hires and the necessary paperwork is completed promptly and accurately
- Conduct preliminary interviews with recruits to gauge interest, personality, and salary requirements
- Provide feedback to management about details regarding applications
- Proactively research and update on market intelligence on hiring trends and perform competitor's analysis
- Accountable for proactively building talent pools and pipelines for future recruitment needs, identifying new channels, and bringing innovative ideas
- Support hiring managers in defining their needs and specifying requirements
- Partner with stakeholders to determine the most appropriate recruiting strategy based on the specific role and business needs, clearly communicate the process, set and manage hiring leader and candidate's expectations
- Ensure all marketing channels used are met with the employer's branding and guidelines
- Capture data, analyze, present, and improve recruitment metrics
- Participate actively in HR communications actions: Career Fairs, internal/external events, campaign, etc.
- Ad hoc duties as assigned
- Strong communication, interpersonal skills, and stakeholder management skills
- Strong organizational skills, including time management and multi-tasking, preferred
- Team player, collaborative approach, and influencing skills
- Strong intra-cultural awareness and organizational sensitivity
- Structured mind and ability to handle multiple tasks at a time
- A dynamic team player who is self-motivated, meticulous, and able to work independently in a proactive manner
- Degree/Diploma in human resources management, or similar.
- 2-3 years of experience as a talent acquisition specialist or similar.
- Advanced knowledge of effective hiring platforms that attract suitable applicants.
- Exceptional ability to screen candidates compile shortlists, and interview candidates.
- Previous experience seeking talent recruitment and assisting with onboarding processes
- Experience in the continual development of talent pipelines and sourcing potential candidates
- Ability to speak knowledgeably about the company and answer any questions a potential hire may have
- Firm understanding and implementation of recruiting metrics to drive decision-making is strongly preferred
- Background Checks
- Job Posting
- Sourcing (Recruitment)
- Interpersonal Skills