Due to expansion of our client's business, we continue to look for suitable candidates to work at our client's office. Write to us if you are an individual who has experience in the activities listed below, and is keen to take up new challenges!
- To provide strategic leadership for the delivery of a controlled and structured approach for regional operations in order to achieve the company’s Global Data Centres’ business objectives and mission imperatives.
- To start-up New ‘in-country’ DC Operations and provide onsite leadership for training and getting in-country team operational, which includes but not be limited to:
- Represent in country Operations team during start-up, to transition new data centre over to the in country Operations team;
- Responsible for the planning and oversight of all activities necessary for the transition of new data centre to the in-country Operations team;
- Maintain communication and collaboration during all phases of a new data centre built and handover to in country Operations team;
- Identify all construction related activities which may infringe on any part of a live data centre;
- Attend the design review meetings to highlight operational concerns prior to readiness of in country Operations team;
- Support Engineering team in facilitating inquiries that require input from Operations;
- Share lessons learned elsewhere that have beencaptured for consideration or mitigation for new builds;
- Support onboarding of the in-country Operations teams for new greenfield sites;
- Build functional knowledge of the site through attendance at key phases of the project, gain in-depth knowledge of the site and documents risk register for transition to in country Operation team;
- Support site acceptance through turnover walks;
- Support review of turnover documentations;
- Participate in turnover issue meetings and provide input on impact to in country Operations;
- Adhere to the company’s GDC operation methodology in every phase of the project handover;
- Ensure documentation is maintained and kept up to date in line with the company’s GDC operation standards and policies; and
- Ensure all the company’s GDC operation Policies, Standards and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) are adhered to by new in country Operations team.
To provide strategic leadership for group wide DC Operations, which includes but not be limited to:
- Responsible for global maintenance standards, alignment, costing review and modelling;
- Review, compare and contrast all DC Operational Capex and Opex budget across all regions; and
- Review and align in country Engineering Policies, processes and procedures and define group wide minimal Operations standards (M EP).
To develop group wide minimal operating standards, which includes but not be limited to:
- Support DC Ops Service Assurance in alignment of OT and IT Security Policies;
- Attend all design review meetings to highlight operational concerns; and
- Support Global Change Management.
To be the Subject Matter Expert for engineering matters and develop frameworks for DC Operations, which includes but not be limited to:
- Drive Environmental, Social and Governance initiatives and explore deployable sustainability solutions with in-country DC Operations Heads;
- Lead Global Problem Management; and
- Support customer impacting incident review, recovery and share case study for lesson learnt;
To develop risk management and governance for group wide operations, which includes but not be limited to:
- Support Risk assessment and Management; and
- Lead Capacity Management.
To develop group wide operational performance data and Key Performance Indicators, which includes but not be limited to:
- Collate Environmental, Social and Governance related data points and recommend opportunities for improvement with local DC Operations; and
- Prepare benchmarking across countries and sites and recommend opportunities for improvement.
To conduct internal and external audits for ensuring continued compliance to global standards, which includes but not be limited to:
- Drive technical certification programmes, including TIA-942, Uptime, ISO 50001, ISO 14001, SS564, LEEDS, BCA-IMDA Green Mark for Data Centres, GBCI Greenship, etc.
To conduct physical audit to all facilities annually, which includes but not be limited to:
- Support external and internal site audits organised by DC Ops Audit and DC Ops Service Assurance; and
- Conduct annual Capacity Management review.
Any other duties or projects as assigned by the Management.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Building Services, Facilities Management or equivalent.
- Minimum 15 years of relevant work experience with at least 10 years of relevant work experience in design, construction, operations and/or maintenance of mission critical facilities
- Licensed Electrical Worker
- SCEM, GMP, GMFP, GMM, GMFM, LEED GA, LEED AP, GBC GA, GBC GP and equivalent sustainability certifications
- CDFOM,CDFOS, CDCE,CDCS, DCP, DCS, ITIL and other equivalent certifications
- Proven track record in the provision of strategic leadership for the delivery of a controlled and structured approach for regional operations
- Proven track record in the development of policies, standards, procedures, and guidelines for the alignment of facility management programme and mitigation of operational risks
- Subject Matter Expert in building services and other data centre critical infrastructure
- Proficient in AutoCAD & Revit and MS Office – Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project
- Preferred Skillsets
- Risk management, problem management, change management and capacity management
- Project management, program management, contract management and vendor management
- Energy management
- Environmental, health and safety management
Please send your cv to
- [ Email address blocked ]
- in word document;
- listing your personal particulars, education qualification and work experience;
- listing your current and expected salary details.
As we are hiring this position urgently, we do look forward to hearing from you VERY SOON!
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
EA Licence No: 18C9353
EA Personnel Registration No: R2095104
- Benchmarking (Project Management)
- Data Analysis
- Environmental Health & Safety Management
- Risk Management