Our client, a leading world-class and award winning construction company and developer of some of the most iconic buildings in Singapore, is expanding. Join them in this exciting journey as a:
Regional Commercial Contract Manager
· Oversee contractual aspect of all potential and ongoing projects in the following areas but not limited to Singapore, Thailand, Indonesia, Taiwan, Vietnam, Myanmar, and Cambodia.
· Plan and set goals aligned with the company’s value proposition and/or commercial strategy in tenders, contracts proposals and business development to meet corporate expectations / indicators.
· Responsible for reviewing / verifying relevant project documents, providing notes on findings, identifying issues and risks, carrying out audit on all contractual, procurement and claim related issues.
· Ensure compliance with regulatory and customer requirements including but not limited to Anti-corruption & Anti-bribery / ethical compliance matters.
· Responsible for reviewing respective countries’ project specific Form of Contract including MSA (Master Services Agreement) GCA (General Construction Agreement), LCA (Local Country Addendum), PSR (Project Service Request), WO (Work Order), PO (Purchase Order), NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement) and alike, conducting risk assessment, providing risk mitigation measures / suggestions / solutions, briefing management and facilitate signing where applicable.
· Communicate well with person in charge of contracts matters / legal matter in the respective subsidiaries / affiliates / branch offices / working units / tender teams.
· Responsible for dealing with Authorities, Clients and Consultants / Lawyers in performing above tasks.
· Oversee contractual and commercial aspect
· To serve as Business Development Department staff and act proactively to assist in project attainment process / networking / business development.
· Review and advise on procurement / buyout strategies of respective specific projects during tender stage and work in progress stage in accordance / in line with Master Program / Project Timeline.
· Review and advise on procurement / award for permanent works (subcontract awarding) in accordance with procurement schedule / timeline. Procurement, Contract, VOs, COs, EOTs
· Perform / assist in costs estimation and cost evaluation.
· Review and comment on cash flow charts.
· Review and assist in Variation Orders / Change Orders documentation and claims.
· To assist in identifying contractual claims and extension of time claims.
· To assist in reviewing progress payments and variation orders.
· To conduct contract review session for respective team members heads up
· To develop and compile contract related documents to be shared amongst subsidiaries / affiliates as part of business development infrastructure / information.
· A Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Building or Engineering.
· At least 10 years of experience in the procurement of construction projects and/or building variation works.
· At least 8 years of supervisory experience in managing a team of Quantity Surveyors.
· Experience in the construction industry.
· Strong organizational, interpersonal and leadership skills.
· Ability to influence various stakeholders and build long term relationships.
· Ability to lead / provide guidance to unit members / tender team. Render supervision, suggestions, instructions, mentorship to all commercial staff, tender / bid team members.
· Strong knowledge in Quantity Surveying, Contracts Administration and Risk Management.
· Strong construction knowledge which will be an asset for procurement, variation claims, contractual risk management / mitigation such as extension of time claims.
· Well versed in management of GMP Cost plus Fee, Lump Sum, CMGC contacts.
· Well versed in Pre-construction services, Early Contractor’s Involvement scheme, Design and Build contracts.
· Familiar with tender and post contract management processes.
· Strong time management skills with exceptional attention to detail and ability to multitask.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to analyze and synthesize complex issues quickly and provide counter measures to settle the issues.
· Understanding of contracts, contract governance and contractual language
· Thinking skills and the ability to research, analyze and understand legal and financial implications.
If you have the necessaries to be successful in this position, write in to our Researcher: [ Email address blocked ] for a P&C discussion. Your CV should be updated and in MS WORD format.
For quicker processing, please indicate the position applied for on the subject header. We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be notified. However, if you are not selected, we will explore other positions for you, in the near future.
EA Reg No. R1872358
License No. 08C4705
- Business Development
- Relationship Building
- Strategic Planning
- Value (Economy)