You will be responsible to assist the nursing team in providing personalized, specialised and cost-effective care to the patients in accordance to established hospital policies and procedures, standards of nursing care and practices.
· Implements protective measures to prevent injury due to chemical, electrical, laser, mechanical, radiation, and thermal sources
· Transport the patient according to individual needs and evaluates for signs and symptoms of skin and tissue injury related to transfer or transport
· Determines the need for, prepares, applies, and remove devices designed to enhance operative exposure, prevent neuromuscular injury, maintain skin and tissue integrity, and maintain body alignment and optimal physiological functioning
· Uses supplies and equipment within safe parameters
· Performs required counts ensuring that patient is free from injury related to retained sponges, instruments, and sharps
· Evaluates for signs and symptoms of chemical, electrical, laser, physical, and radiation injury and injury to skin and tissue
· Contributes to minimizing operative time by anticipation and advanced preparation, working with tem members to coordinate efforts to prioritize the patient’s care, and efficiently accomplishing tasks necessary to achieve a common goal
· Implement aseptic technique (e.g. crating and maintain a sterile field, applying basic methodologies to prevent contamination of open wounds, and isolating the operative site from the surrounding non-sterile physical environment)
· Initiates infection prevention activities
· Manages collection, handling, and disposition of culture and specimen
· Administer prescribed medications and solutions according to hospital policy
· Enrolled Nurse with the Singapore Nursing Board (SNB)
· Recognised Enrolled Nurse Certificate or equivalent as approved by SNB
· At least 2 years of Operating Theatre experience is highly preferred
· Good interpersonal and communication skills
· Compassionate, positive and caring nature
· Prepared to work on 3 rotating shifts
Job Location : Alexandra Road
If you are keen to know more about this role, please email Deepika at [ Email address blocked ] and send your resume in MS Word format.
Note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Healthcare Services
- Patient Care
- Quick Thinking