- To respect and value each child’s social, cultural and religious backgrounds and by example, provide mutual respect and tolerance.
- To provide safe and secure environment for children to feel comfortable
- To undertake the teaching and care of a class in accordance with the school’s agreed policies and guidelines. To use a variety of appropriate teaching and caring methods to ensure high quality learning or care takes place.
- To provide various experiences and activities for children including songs, games and storytelling
- To conduct lessons according to centre’s curriculum
- To provide planning documents identifying specific learning objectives, differentiated tasks, special needs, extension and assessment to the Principal or other authorised officer
- To maintain professional dialogue with colleagues concerning the children, other colleagues and the school.
- To keep all information and intellectual property of the centre confidental.
- To encourage children to take pride in their own environment and show respect and concern for others, to the benefit of the school as a caring and gracious community
- To be responsible for all aspects of classroom management eg. Care of equipment with resources well-labelled and accessible. Maintain a tidy, well organized room.
- To observe and use a variety of methods to record children’s holistic development. Keep appropriate records of achievement for each child in class and provide individual child’s portfolios/reports.
- To build positive links between yourself and parents of children under your care.
- To guide, motivate and monitor Assistant Teacher/Classroom helpers in carrying out their tasks.
- To follow assigned work shift patterns of the centre.
- Candidates must possess either a Diploma in Preschool Teaching (DPT) / Diploma in Early Childhood Education in Chinese
- Possess good interpersonal and communication skills
- Have a passion for children
- Able to work independently as well as in a team
Working Location: Choa Chu Kang
- Early Childhood Education
- Preschool Education
- Self Motivation