- This position is for Mrs Wong Kwok Leong Student Wellness Centre (MWKLWC).
- Assess, recommend and implement disability-related accommodations and learning accessibility for students with disabilities, permanent and temporary.
- Conduct periodic check-in on the socio-emotional well-being of the students receiving services from the disability support team.
- Work with external stakeholders to explore and curate relevant job/internship/mentorship opportunities for students with disabilities.
- Manage the student assistant programme, including recruitment, training and service delivery.
- Manage the student support group, which promotes the inclusion of students with disabilities in the SMU community.
- Ensure timely and proper management of student records and case documentation in the database management system utilized by DSS (Disability Support Services).
- Develop and share the resource pack and information guides with other departments and faculty members.
- Support faculty members and school administrators in their efforts to assist students with disabilities.
- Organise and execute events and workshops to increase disability awareness for SMU community.
- A degree in a relevant area (social work, psychology, counselling).
- Minimum 3 years' experience working with clients with special educational needs.
- Psychosocial needs, strengths assessment and case management skills.
- Knowledge of disability landscape and relevant community resources.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Empathy and with much patience.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Good co-ordination and organisational skills.
- Work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
Candidates who do not possess the stipulated qualifications but have relevant work experience may still apply. Remuneration and appointment terms shall commensurate with qualifications and experience. SMU reserves the right to modify the appointment terms where necessary.
- Case Management
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Hardworking And Dedicated