You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Cloud System Engineer
Are you seeking the new norm career opportunities?
We are helping Thatz International Pte Ltd to identify suitable talents to help them to grow their business in the new norm. Selected talents will be placed with them to carry out their Next-Generation ICT Engagement and Consultancy (Thatz 2.0) or Outsourcing business.
Who we are
Thatz Resources Pte Ltd (Agency License No. 04S4557) has been established since the Year 2000 to recruit the right IT candidate that meets our clients’ requirements at all levels. We always have great success in matching the best candidate with the job openings.
• Right Pricing
• User eXperience
Our CORE VALUES:
• Forward Looking
• Humanity, and
• Environmental Friendly
Cloud Systems Engineer
Job Title: Cloud Systems Engineer
Work Location: East, Singapore
Job Type: Full time, contract role (3 years, renewable)
About the Job
You will focus on the development and implementation of document migration from Legacy on-premises systems to the Cloud Environment. The successful candidate will have the necessary technology, communication, and leadership skills to hands-on manage highly visible and complex projects from start to finish.
A) On-Premises Systems:
1. Operating and managing data center hardware, including servers, storage devices and networking equipment.
2. Installing new software applications and updates, as well as removing obsolete software and hardware.
3. Managing system backups to ensure data integrity in case of failure.
4. Monitoring the performance of servers and other components to identify potential issues before they become problems.
5. Managing cloud computing environments through the deployment of new servers, storage systems, and other infrastructure components to support new applications.
6. Recommending new technologies that could improve security or efficiency.
7. Providing training on new technology and best practices to employees using the cloud system.
8. Creating detailed documentation of all changes made to the cloud environment so that it can be recreated in the event of a disaster.
9. Maintaining a disaster recovery plan that includes procedures for backing up data, restoring data from backups, and testing restoration procedures.
B) Cloud Infrastructure
1. Develop the migration plans, elevate the technical execution and delivery with different cloud migration approaches.
2. Coordinate with different internal teams and external vendors/partners to ensure successful cloud migration, provide expert views, inputs and recommendations for customer decision based on technical judgement and drive processes and execution goals.
3. Develop and execute strategies for various phases of large scale migrations for customers who are rapidly moving a large number of applications onto cloud platform.
4. Evaluate cloud application requirements and make architectural recommendations for implementation, deployment and provisioning of applications on cloud platform (Azure, AWS, Google Cloud Platform).
5. Provide best practices' guidance on the architectural design across multiple applications.
6. Design available, cost-efficient, fault-tolerant and scalable distributed systems on cloud platform.
7. Utilize and deploy network, storage and database services in cloud environment.
8. Recommend best practices for building secure and reliable applications on the cloud platform.
9. Involve in cloud migration in re-hosting, re-platform, re-factor, re-architecting applications to cloud platform, database migration, Applications Optimization to scalable cloud design patterns.
10. Any other ad-hoc duties as required or assigned.
1. A Diploma or a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Engineering, IT or related field.
2. Experience in managing and supporting on-premises Windows Server OS, Linux OS and VMWare.
3. At least 2 years of experience in Azure, AWS and/or Google Cloud Platform.
4. Hands-on experience in the designing and deploying of cloud architecture on Azure, AWS, and/or Google Cloud Platform, with at least 2 migrations in an enterprise level environment.
5. Some experience and skills in managing Cisco switch and knowledge in security governance is a plus.
6. Proficient in Windows Active Directory, DNS and familiar with WOG desktop environment.
7. Apply concepts of IT Service Management (Incident, Change, Service, Release and Configuration).
8. Self-independent person.
ARE YOU THATZ ONE?
Get in touch
• Prepare your updated resume (please include your notice period, current salary package with full breakdown such as base, incentives, annual wage supplement, etc.), and expected package.
• Apply through this application or send your resume to [ Email address blocked ]
• All shortlisted candidates will be contacted
As an advocate for fair employment, we strive to do our best to render objective and merit-based considerations for all applications, and we shall communicate with you when short-listed. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. For those who are not short-listed, your profile will be kept for other opportunities where suitable.
Please note that your response to this job advertisement and communications with us according to this job advertisement will constitute an informed consent by you to the collection, usage, and/or disclosure of your personal data by Thatz Resources Pte Ltd and her customers to carry out its business in compliance with the relevant provisions of the Personal Data Protection Act.
Best wishes for your job search!
Feel free to recommend this position to your friend(s) or relative(s) who may meet our needs and get rewarded.
For more information about THATZ and other job listings, please visit: www.thatz.com
Please like our Facebook: www.facebook.com/thatz.international
STAY SAFE AND HEALTHY! TAKE CARE!
- Google Cloud Platform
- Windows Active Directory
Help us improve Jobscentral by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: CloudSysEngr-05052023
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using Jobscentral you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the Jobscentral Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.