Junior Sous Chef
Are you interested in a career in the food and beverage sector?
Do you have the ability to multitask and perform well under pressure?
Knowing the most about the best ways to prepare food?
Working hours: 12pm to 2.30pm, 6pm to 10.30pm (Mon to Sat, Shift Work)
Salary: $3000 to $3300 (Commensurate according to experience)
Working location: Tanjong Pagar
As you know a sous chef's assistant is a junior sous chef. In other words, the junior chef has the same level of accountability as the sous chef. As a junior sous chef, you will be expected to handle most of the duties and responsibilities of the position, including inventory, kitchen staff management, and food preparation.
What your typical work day be like
· Operate and assist in kitchen operations on a daily basis
· All kitchen areas are kept clean, sanitary, and safe at all times by the kitchen manager
· Ensure that the kitchen and its equipment are thoroughly sanitized
· Ensures that the station's food storage area is clean and well-kept
· Preparation of meals (washing, peeling, chopping and cutting)
· Takeout orders to be packed if necessary
· Keeping food and ingredients safe by adhering to food safety regulations
· As assigned by the Sous Chef, additional responsibilities
What is required from you
· Proven experience in a Junior Sous Chef role
· Experience in Modern Japanese cuisine
· Familiar with various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and processes
· Knowledge of best cooking practices
· Must have completed Basic Food Hygiene course
· Well-versed in the operations of a kitchen
We are keen to hear from you if you are equally excited to work with one of the leaders in the F&B industry. Apply now to find out the final details!
The safety of our candidates and employees is our top priority. Due to COVID-19, our entire interview process will take place remotely. If you are selected, all of your interviews will be conducted virtually via phone or video.
- Food Preparation
- Food Safety