ORGANISATION: Singapore Symphony Group
WEBSITE: [ Link removed ]
ADDRESS: 80 Bencoolen Street, NAFA Tower Block, #08-01, Singapore 189655
The Singapore Symphony Group manages the Singapore Symphony Orchestra (SSO), the Singapore National Youth Orchestra (SNYO), various choral programmes, and concerts at Victoria Concert Hall, Home of the SSO since 1979. The company’s mission is to create memorable shared experiences with music. Through the Singapore Symphony Orchestra and its affiliated performing groups, we spread the love for music, nurture talent, and enrich our diverse communities. We are one of the leading arts administration employers in Singapore, and we need different talents to support the development of classical music in Singapore. The company is embarking on an ambitious five-year strategy to build a leading arts organisation that engages, inspires and reflects Singapore through musical excellence.
JOB TITLE: MANAGER/SENIOR MANAGER (HUMAN RESOURCES)
The Manager/Senior Manager (Human Resources) is the head of the Human Resource Department and holds primary responsibility in the company to build capacity for the future through the management of the human resource function, including human resource administration and management, as well as human resource development.
Reporting structure: The role reports to the Director, Corporate Services and manages a small team in all aspects of the HR function, including HR strategy, HR systems, and HR administration. The role requires proactive consultation with other departments and stakeholders, including the senior management team, musicians and administrative team and external consultants.
● Lead HR strategy: Drive the design and implementation of an HR plan that aligns with the Company’s Strategy. Provide regular reports on HR strategy, and on occasion, present the strategy to the Board and senior management team members.
● Organisational Development and Culture Transformation: Work with the leadership team and external consultants on our multi-year journey towards organisational excellence and build a strong organisation culture that supports the next phase of our strategic thrust. Use change management principles to build employee awareness and desire for change.
● Strengthen existing HR Management system: Ensure high standards of service for employee HR administration, including job plans, compliance, workforce management, including talent management, compensation, and benefits etc.
● Build up a new HR Development system/framework: Strategise, lead, and oversee the organisation’s learning and development (L&D) for the arts administration team (primarily) and the rest of the organisation. This includes training needs analysis, training records, performance management and talent management, including succession planning. Partner with the leadership team to build a future-ready workforce.
● Enhance employee experience and organisational culture: Understand and identify ways to build an organisational culture through HR policy and implementation. Build a trusting relationship between HR and staff through employee engagement and communications, and employee activities.
● Leadership responsibilities: As a senior leader, focus on people and career development of direct and indirect reports. Coordinate with Finance on budget and company policy requirements. Regularly and proactively communicate and update other departments on activities and plans. Assist the Director, Corporate Services with special projects as assigned.
● Supervise administration duties: Oversee administrative functions, such as mail registry, office stationery, and staff welfare.
• A minimum of 5 years managerial-level HR leadership experience in the full spectrum of Human Resources
• Completion of a Bachelor’s degree or higher, with some experience in a variety of HR sub-functions, including compensation and benefits
• Strong business partnering and collaborative skills. Able to work with different and diverse stakeholders
• Ability to write papers for management approval and write clear internal employee communication on HR policies
• Possesses a drive to lead the company towards its goals through HR. Exceptional organisational skills, good initiative and the ability to work under pressure
• A resilient individual with positive energy, an outgoing personality, excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to focus and prioritise. An open mind and a can-do attitude are essential to be successful in this job.
• Familiarity with music (need not be classical), other art forms and non-profit organisations would be an advantage. A mix of public sector and multi-national experience would also be helpful
Please provide a comprehensive resume and cover letter stating current and expected salaries to [ Link removed ] .
This is a local position. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified.
The closing date for application submissions is 23 October, 2021.
POSTED DATE: 24 September 2021; CLOSING DATE: 23 October 2021