$6000-$8300 Staff R&D Optical Engineer
This is a R&D position within a dynamic and innovative technology development team, focusing on illumination source technologies required for next generations of wafer inspection and metrology equipment.
The main responsibility of this position is to manage all aspects of optical module designs from evaluating initial specifications to validating performance of finished prototypes, including tasks listed below:
- As a critical part of Singapore team, work with scientists in US to gain deep understanding of technology and engineering challenges of illumination sources, such as lasers and broadband plasma. Replicate the proven system from US, run reliability tests and characteristic measurements and use the learnings towards a more robust design.
- Work closely with the systems group to develop the fundamental specifications of illumination system and drive down to requirements for optical design, with the consideration of desired system performance, achievable optics capability and other factors.
- Design lenses and optical subsystems in ZEMAX or equivalent optical modeling software, including lens elements, multi-lens systems, or other optical components, systems or subsystems. Conduct optical tolerance, aberration, stray light, and sensitivity analyses of optical designs, as necessary.
- Design and execute multi-disciplinary experiments, create detailed test plans and summary reports for system performance validation. Analyze experimental data and compare with simulation model for design correlation and optimization.
- Create and review specifications, concepts, and design documents throughout the development cycle.
- Be an effective communicator and team player while working with other engineering groups, such as laser systems engineer, mechanical design engineer and electric design engineer, to ensure flawless design, integration and test at the subsystem and system level.
- Master's level degree in optics engineering or related with at least 8 years of experience or
- Doctorate (Academic) in optics engineering or related with at least 5 years of experience
- Experience as a direct contributor in optical system design and tolerancing (in Zemax OpticStudio and/or CODE V) from concept to fieldable prototype or product.
- Must have experience of aligning, debugging and characterizing optical systems.
- Experience with beam shaping design is a plus
- Experience with thermal management in high power laser system is a plus
- Must be a good team player
All Successful candidates can expect a very competitive remuneration package and a comprehensive range of benefits.
Please email your resume in a detailed MS Word format to [Click Here to Email Your Resume] stating
Reason to Leave each job:
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified
Joyce Koh Ai Leng
People Profilers Pte Ltd,
10 Anson Road #09-01/02 International Plaza
Tel: 6805 0868
EA License Number: 02C4944
EA Personnel Reg nos R1110618
People Profilers Pte Ltd