$4000-$7000 Laser Optics Engineer
- Job Description:
This laser and optical engineering position is in Manufacturing Engineering. The successful candidate will develop and improve manufacturing processes for the production of complex optical and laser systems within a fast paced manufacturing environment. The candidate will also apply engineering principles and troubleshooting skills to provide day-to-day technical support to active production lines.
This is a sustaining engineering position for current and newly introduced lasers and sub-systems (beam-conditioning optics, modulators, polarizers, etc) . Timely resolving assembly and test issues faced during production is important in this position. The work encompasses failure analysis related to defective materials, unstable or errant processes/equipment, and ranges from new components/sub-assemblies to field return units.
• Manage the transfer of new product from design engineering to manufacturing sites for mass production, inclusive of transfer planning, facility preparation, production team training, build & test procedure, material and tools/equipment readiness.
• Develop and evaluate manufacturing processes by applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; conferring with design engineering, equipment vendors, production and field service teams.
• Generate assembly process flows, description and work instructions.
• Timely resolve daily issues that impede fulfillment of production orders.
• Improve manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, equipment layout, etc.
• Assure product and process quality by developing appropriate testing methods; analyzing process capabilities; establishing standards; and validating manufacturing processes.
• Effectively apply process control (e.g. statistical process control (SPC)) to monitor, analyze, and define errant processes, and to refine processes to reduce variability.
• Review production rejects, provide appropriate decisions and actions for disposition.
• Prepare product and process reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing failure/defect information and trends; following up with corrective/improvement actions.
• Devise and submit engineering change orders (ECO) to refine processes and parts.
• Determine the calibration and maintenance processes for production tools and test equipment.
• Qualify supplier/design/procedure change by developing relevant test methods and documenting the outcome.
• Provide technical support to field service.
• Develop and implement continuous improvement projects, applying a systematic approach to problem-solving.
Specific Requirements for this Position:
• Good knowledge of solid-state and fiber-based lasers.
• In-depth knowledge of precision optics including lenses, polarization optics, modulators and optical harmonic generation.
• Hands on experience with assembly and test of optical, electro-optical, electro-mechanical & laser systems.
• Experience in beam characterization using commercially available equipment, e.g. Spiricon M2 instrument & Ophir beam profiler.
• Experience in using multi-meter, function generator and oscilloscope.
• Ability to read and understand mechanical drawings and electrical wiring diagrams.
• Hands on experience using 3D CAD software for simple jig/fixture design will be an added advantage.
• Good working knowledge of MS Excel, MS Powerpoint and MS Words is essential.
• Experience in programming (e.g. VBA, C#, data analytics, database, etc) will be an added advantage.
• Working knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems will be an advantage.
• Good knowledge of manufacturing best practices (e.g. ISO 9001, Kanban, LEAN, 8D, Design-for-Manufacturability, etc)
• Familiarity with SPC methodology for process management will be an advantage.
• Strong troubleshooting skills.
• Ability to multi-task in support of multiple product lines simultaneously.
• A good team player yet able to work independently and with minimal supervision.
Education and Related Experience:
Master / degree in laser, optic or electro-optical engineering.
Candidates with a degree in Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering and with experience in the manufacturing of laser systems is highly desirable.
All Successful candidates can expect a very competitive remuneration package and a comprehensive range of benefits.
Please email your resume in a detailed MS Word format to [Click Here to Email Your Resume] stating
Reason to Leave each job:
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified
Joyce Koh Ai Leng
People Profilers Pte Ltd,
10 Anson Road #09-01/02 International Plaza
Tel: 6805 0868
EA License Number: 02C4944
EA Personnel Reg nos R1110618
Job Id: X4Y55R
People Profilers Pte Ltd